This 2023-2026 Accessibility Plan outlines the policies and actions that ThinkInsure put in place to improve opportunities for people with disabilities.
Statement of commitment
ThinkInsure is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. We are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner, and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility requirements. We are working towards full compliance with the current Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation (IASR) Policy under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
ThinkInsure is committed to providing accessible customer service to people with disabilities. We will continue to provide a Customer Service Standard to customers with disabilities at the same level of quality and timeliness as others.
Information and Communications
ThinkInsure is committed to meeting the communication needs of people with disabilities.
- We will consult with people with disabilities to understand their information and communication needs.
- We will ensure existing feedback processes are accessible to people with disabilities upon request.
- We will ensure all publicly available information is made accessible upon request to customers and clients. We will also provide employees with disabilities with individualized emergency response information when necessary.
- We will ensure all websites and content conform to the Web Content Accessibility Guideline (WCAG) 2.0, Level AA.
ThinkInsure is committed to fair and accessible employment practices.
- When requested, ThinkInsure will accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired.
- We will ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities are recognized if ThinkInsure is using performance management, career development and redeployment processes.
- We will work to prevent and remove other accessibility barriers identified.
- We will continue to post on various job boards (LinkedIn, Company Website, Indeed, Monster) to reach a broader applicant pool.
ThinkInsure will provide training to employees, volunteers and other staff members on Ontario’s accessibility laws and on the Human Rights Code as it relates to people with disabilities. Training will be provided in a way that best suits the duties of employees, volunteers and other staff members.
Design of Public Spaces
ThinkInsure will meet the Accessibility Standards for the Design of Public Spaces when building or making major modifications to public spaces. Public spaces include:
- Recreational trails/beach access routes
- Outdoor public eating areas like rest stops or picnic areas
- Outdoor play spaces, like playgrounds in provincial parks and local communities
- Outdoor paths of travel, like sidewalks, ramps, stairs, curb ramps, rest areas and accessible pedestrian signals
- Accessible off-street parking
- Service-related elements like service counters, fixed queuing lines and waiting areas
- In the event of a service disruption, we will notify the public of the service disruption and alternatives available.
Procurement of goods, services and facilities
ThinkInsure is committed to being responsive to the needs of all its clients, employees, and visitors. To do this, we recognize the diverse needs of our clients, employees, and visitors and will respond by striving to provide services and facilities that are accessible to all.
ThinkInsure is committed to promoting, providing and maintaining an environment where respect and dignity is demonstrated at all times. When procuring services and facilities, ThinkInsure will incorporate accessibility features.
Design and delivery of programs and services
ThinkInsure will develop a strategy and process for persons requesting accessible formats and communications supports related to information about Thinkinsure services. ThinkInsure will consult with the person on their accessibility needs and develop a process for responding to requests. ThinkInsure will incorporate language into marketing materials stating that accessible formats may be made available on request. ThinkInsure will comply with these regulations by the dates outlined in the IASR.
For more information on this Accessibility Plan or to share feedback, please contact us at:
Written feedback in-person or via mail to the following address:
ATTN: ThinkInsure Accessibility Committee
5700 Yonge St. Suite 1900,
Toronto, ON M2M 4K2