Last Updated: December 14, 2022
The security of your Personal Information is very important to us. We use physical, technical, and administrative measures to secure your information including personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. We have certain policies and procedures in place such that we never transfer particular types of sensitive information. It should be noted that while ThinkInsure takes the security of your information seriously, we cannot guarantee the confidentiality and privacy of the Internet.
ThinkInsure uses various security controls at different levels, which include the latest online and networking security technology to ensure that your interaction with ThinkInsure is safe and secure. Some of our security features include:
- Firewalls are designed to securely separate the Internet from our internal computer systems and databases.
- Traffic coming from customer computers passes through a series of safety checkpoints that inspect and block unauthorized traffic before being accepted to our internal system; as such, only authorized traffic can enter our system.
- The firewalls also inspect and restrict the traffic from leaving our systems to the Internet.
- Encryption is a means of scrambling information for transmission, in this case, between your personal computer and ThinkInsure’s network. Information that is encrypted at one end is decrypted (decoded) upon receipt at the other. ThinkInsure uses industry best practices for encryption of your information.
- To protect your privacy and account information, we use Extended Validation (EV) digital certificates in order to assure you that you are communicating directly with ThinkInsure. When you login to your account, your browser challenges the ThinkInsure website to prove its identity using digital certificates. Your browser can verify the certificate and will alert you if the website is not ThinkInsure.
Cookies, Web Beacons, and your Personal Information
Our services use the following categories of cookies:
- Customer related cookies: cookies are also used to personalize your customer experience. If you have registered a user ID on the website, there are cookies cached when you are within our website that allow us to recognize that you are a returning customer vs. non-customer (but that do not record any of your Personal Information). Those cookies help us understand if you are logged in, your current and past use of our website, cross device behaviour and may allow us to personalize your customer experience or deliver products and personalized services. This personalization may occur even after you have logged out.
How to opt out of cookies
Here are instructions for removing cookies on the most common web browsers. Note that disabling cookies may impact your customer experience when using some of our services.
- You can limit analytics, performance, and advertising-related cookies by controlling cookies in your web browser's settings.
- You can limit customer-related cookies by managing cookies in the settings page of the customer portal by turning off user ID related cookies. Once you have opted out, this cookie will be disabled for your next session and remain disabled for future sessions. If you wish to disable immediately, log out of your account directly after turning off user ID related cookies.
Here are instructions for the most common browsers:
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
- Microsoft Edge
- Mozilla Firefox
- Safari (Desktop)
- Safari (Mobile)
- Android Browser
Web beacons are also referred to as web bugs, pixel tags or clear GIFs. These are usually embedded in a webpage through an image or through HTML in an email and are not always visible to the user. ThinkInsure may use web beacons in emails or on our website to help gather information about you visiting our website, your usage patterns, your interactions with our emails. We may use the information gathered to further personalize contact with you. This personalization may occur after you log out. Any information we transfer through web beacons is encrypted.