About The Commonwell Mutual Insurance Group
The Commonwell Mutual Insurance Group was established on January 1st, 2014 as part of the amalgamation of three of these century-old mutual insurance companies :
- Glengarry Mutual Insurance Company
- Lanark Mutual Insurance Company
- Farmers’ Mutual Insurance Company (Lindsay)
The amalgamation of these companies allowed for The Commonwell to provide more diverse insurance products and solutions, and expand their ability to serve local customers across Ontario - from the easternmost region of Ontario to Orangeville and Collingwood in the west, surrounding the GTA and along the shore of Lake Ontario in the south to Parry Sound and North Bay in the north.
Specializing in property insurance, but also offering a variety of insurance products including auto and commercial insurance, the company has more than 90,000 policies under their collective service umbrella. As a mutual company, they encourage work-life balance and offer the insurance products to support it.
Why Choose The Commonwell For Insurance?
Here are some reasons why ThinkInsure customers choose insurance policies and products from The Commonwell :
- Specialized Property and Casualty Insurance : Get specialized coverage tailored for your insurance needs.
- Insurance Options : The Commonwell offers insurance coverage for all types of vehicles and dwellings.
- The Mutual Difference : As a mutual company, The Commonwell places a high value on personal service. Your policy is made right for you, and you don’t have to change to fit it.
Helpful Commonwell Insurance Links & Info
Here’s some helpful information if you need to contact The Commonwell directly :
- Lindsay Regional and Corporate Office : 1-705-324-2146
- Alexandria Regional Office : 1-613-525-2557
- Perth Regional Office : 1-613-267-5554
- Claims: Report a claim. Call 1-855-436-5883 after hours or for emergency claims