Get Better Rates On Snowbird Insurance
Thousands of Canadian seniors head south for the winter and they need snowbird insurance that meets their unique travel needs. Get affordable snowbird travel insurance with ThinkInsure. We'll make sure you have the coverage you need for a worry free trip, wherever you choose to travel.
Health and wellbeing is an important consideration for seniors when travelling abroad. They need travel insurance that provides them with access to the same medical care and coverage they are accustomed to in Canada. We provide you with snowbird insurance options that ensure you will have a happy and healthy trip.
When you choose ThinkInsure you'll get :
- Peace Of Mind : Know that when travelling outside of Canada for extended periods of time that you have access to assistance and emergency medical care, no matter where you nest during the winter months.
- 24/7 Assistance : We are here to provide you with customer service and trip assistance around the clock. We are ready to help, no matter what time of day.
- Emergency Medical Care : Get access to the health care you need, even when you are vacationing down south for the winter.
- Coverage Options : Whether you need full snowbird travel insurance or want to top up your retiree or group coverage, we can help. Compare rates and options from 14 top companies instantly.
The Importance Of Snowbird Travel Insurance
With more than one million Canadians travelling south each winter to avoid the cold and snowy weather, snowbird insurance is becoming a popular and extremely important insurance product for senior travelers. Snowbirds, because they tend to travel for longer periods of time and more frequently than the average traveler, have a unique assortment of needs.
Snowbirds tends to spend months rather than weeks outside of the country, and since they are older, have healthcare needs that require more regular attention than the average traveler.
Snowbirds Travel Outside Of Canada For Longer Periods
The longer you are outside of the country, the more likely an issue could arise and the more risk you are exposed to, making snowbird travel insurance a vital part of your trip planning. The good news is that most Canadian seniors are getting the message. According to the Conference Board of Canada, more than 80% of Canadians over 55 invested in some form of medical travel insurance during a previous trip.
As a senior, with additional medical needs, travelling without snowbird travel insurance is a huge risk. Experiencing a slip and fall, needing to refill a prescription, or having a medical emergency could cost you thousands of dollars without the right level of coverage. It’s always better to be safe than sorry, especially when it comes to travelling outside of your home country for an extended period of time.
Winter Travel Is Unpredictable For Snowbirds
Having reliable snowbird insurance is also important because of how unpredictable winter travel can be. Whether you are heading south for the winter or making your return, you never know what could derail your plans. Winter storms, flight delays, lost baggage, or even trip cancellations are all a possibility, and snowbird insurance ensures you are covered when the unpredictable happens.
What Is Included With Snowbird Travel Insurance?
ThinkInsure has all your snowbird travel insurance needs covered. Our plans including the following :
- Expenses for emergency medical and hospitalization
- Expenses for ambulance transportation
- Paramedical services
- Expenses to bring someone to your bedside when hospitalized
- 24/7 assistance
Some of our plans also offer the following benefits :
- Emergency round trip benefits
- Expenses to bring you back
- Return of vehicle
When you choose ThinkInsure, you can travel worry free, knowing that your policy will cover you for any issues that arise when you are enjoying your vacation.
Tips For Getting Snowbird Travel Insurance Quotes
When getting quotes for snowbird insurance it’s important to :
- Read your policy thoroughly before departing.
- If required, fill out your medical questionnaire accurately.
- Be clear on coverage exclusions for pre-existing medical conditions.
- Consider an annual policy if you travel frequently.
- Shop around to ensure you get the best quote.
- Choose a seniors or snowbird insurance plan over a more traditional plan.
- Get clarification on any elements that are unclear.
- Make sure you tailor your coverage to meet your health and travel needs
- Always keep a copy of your policy with you when travelling.
Advice For Snowbird Insurance And Travelling
There is a lot that you need to get in order before you travel for an extended periods of time. Here are some tips to help you prepare for your trip :
- Ensure you are healthy : See your doctor to make sure you are in good health. It’s also a good idea to ensure your prescriptions are up to date and you have enough medication to cover you for your trip. Some insurers require that you provide a doctor’s note for your insurance.
- Get a copy of your medical records : Always have a copy of your medical records, prescription and other medical documents to ensure you have everything you need.
- Research travel allowances : Make sure you are clear as to how long you are permitted to travel outside of your province without putting your healthcare eligibility in jeopardy.
- Check visa and travel requirements : Make sure you have the proper travel documents and meet all visa requirements (if required).
- Organize your finances : It’s important to get your finances in order not only for your trip, but also to cover any bills, mortgage payments and other expenses at while you are away.
- Research your vacation destination : Take some time before leaving to research your destination and familiarize yourself with the area. Know the local emergency phone numbers, and locate the nearest hospital, police station, and other important locations.
- Arrange for someone to care for your home : If you are planning to be away for an extended period of time, it’s a good idea to have someone care for your home, pick up the mail, water the plants and check in from time to time.