Using Our Car Insurance Calculator Is Easy
Ever use a car insurance calculator to calculate Ontario auto insurance rates? You should! It can help you find the best coverage at the lowest rates. You could save $500 or more by using our calculator.
At ThinkInsure, we know you value your time, and you don’t want to spend hours and hours trying to calculate and compare Ontario car insurance rates. Our calculator will help you quickly compare rates from the top providers in Canada and Ontario.
You’ll save time and money when you calculate car insurance rates with ThinkInsure!
Why Use An Ontario Car Insurance Calculator?
Shopping for car insurance is a decision that too many drivers take lightly. Some drivers give it no thought at all and simply renew their policy without giving it any thought. Why should you use a car insurance calculator?
- Choosing the wrong policy could leave you without important auto insurance coverage.
- Failure to compare insurance options could be costing you hundreds of dollars per year.
An Ontario car insurance calculator can help you find the right coverage and the cheapest rates by comparing policy options from multiple insurers.
Plus, you will save time and have peace of mind in knowing you made an educated decision when renewing your auto insurance policy.
How To Use An Ontario Car Insurance Calculator
It only take a couple of minutes to use our car insurance calculator to find the best rates in Ontario. You'll be able to compare the best quotes and calculate your savings.
To calculate the most accurate rates it is helpful to have :
- Your Ontario drivers license
- Your vehicle information
Then fill out some basic information about your driving background :
Start Your Quote
Enter your postal code and some basic information.Start
Enter Your Driving Information
Enter some details about your driving habits, vehicle and insurance history.
Calculate And Compare Quotes
Calculate and compare the lowest quotes from top providers.
Choose The Best Price
Select the lowest rate and policy.
What Is A Car Insurance Calculator?
A car insurance calculator, also known as an insurance estimator, is an effective tool to estimate your auto insurance costs. You provide information about your vehicle and driving history and the estimating tool will calculate quotes based on your information.
Insurance calculators are easy to use and only take a few minutes of your time. It’s an effective estimation tool to use when considering insurance costs for a vehicle, when renewing your policy or when making changes to your coverage.
Our Car Insurance Estimator Will Help You Compare Costs
Knowing how to estimate car insurance costs accurately is important. The best way to do this is to be honest and detailed. A car insurance cost estimator is only a useful tool if you provide accurate information about your driving history and vehicle.
So, make sure to include any traffic tickets, claims, and other information you are concerned will increase your car insurance costs. It’s also important to answer all questions. Don’t leave out information or it could impact quote accuracy.
If you don’t use accurate and detailed information, your quote will not properly reflect rates for a driver in your situation. Sure, you’ll receive quotes, but these will not be the rates insurers will offer.
When Should You Use Our Ontario Car Insurance Calculator?
Here are some of the main situations when you should use a calculator to get an estimate in Ontario :
- You are buying or leasing a vehicle : It’s important to know the insurance costs of a vehicle before you agree to a purchase or lease agreement. Insurance costs could impact your buying decision.
- Policy renewal : Things change. Using a calculator to estimate insurance costs can help you assess your options when comparing quotes.
- Updating your policy : Making changes to your personal information, the car your drive or your coverage will impact your car insurance premiums. Get an estimate when you change your information to understand how this will impact your rates.
- When you add a new driver or remove a driver from your policy : The number of drivers, a driver’s licensing level (G1, G2, G), and driving history of the drivers listed on your policy can have a significant impact on car insurance costs.
- When you move : Insurers use your city and postal code as a key factor when assessing your rates.
- When your social status changes : Retirement, marriage, a new job, buying a home and other factors can have an impact on your premiums.
What Are The Benefits Of Using An Online Car Insurance Calculator?
Simply allowing your car insurance coverage to renew year after year without exploring your options could cost you – and it could cost you more money than you think.
Your rates could change from year to year, making it extremely important to compare your options, assess your coverage needs, and see what the market has to offer.
Taking a few minutes out of your day to get an estimate could save you more than you think. Here are some of the benefits of using a car insurance calculator when comparing your options :
- You only have to fill out your information once to assess rates from dozens of providers.
- You fill out your information, and we will do the shopping for you.
- We’ll find you the best rates based on the information you provide.
- You could save money – some extra cash never hurt anyone!
- It helps you get a better idea of your total costs to own and drive a car.
- You ensure you are getting the best rates each time you renew your policy.
- It’s quick, easy, and most importantly, it’s free!
Failure to get a car insurance estimate annually could cost you money. Saving a little money on your rates each month can add up quickly. Considering it only takes a few minutes to fill out your information, it’s time well spent.
Online Car Insurance Calculator
Calculate the best prices on car insurance.
- Estimate prices from top providers
- We save our customers hundreds everyday
- It's quick, easy and free
Savings Tip - Call UsCall to get additional discounts and expert savings advice. A quick call could save you a lot more!
Using An Insurance Calculator In Ontario Is Free
There is often a misconception that insurance calculators cost money to use or you need to commit to something to get access to them.
Using an insurance cost calculator is 100% free. There is no fee to compare car insurance rates and policy options. You do not need to commit to anything to use it. Compare your insurance options whenever it’s convenient for you.
Why Is Using A Car Insurance Calculator Important?
Car insurance calculators play a very important role in helping make shopping more convenient. They also ensure you have a solid comparison point for comparing your coverage options and rates.
Rather than jumping from website to website and trying to compare apples to oranges – our car insurance calculator ensures you are comparing your options based on the same criteria.
How car insurance rates are determined vary by insurance provider. Each one uses a different set of variables and places greater weight on certain factors when determining rates. This is why you will often receive quotes that vary in price when comparing rates.
Insurance calculators also allow you to see how a certain variable can affect your rates and your premium.
For example, the car you drive has an impact on your rates, and some insurers offer better rates than others because of how they assess the risk factor of a specific car. If you didn’t use a rate calculator, you could overpay for insurance.
So, when shopping for your next vehicle, make sure to consider its insurability to keep your rates down. Learn more about the cheapest cars to insure.
Why Get A Car Insurance Estimate In Ontario?
Gettting an auto insurance estimate is one of many ways to be proactive about your coverage. There are a number of reasons to get a estimate in Ontario :
- Compare quotes : Compare quotes from multiple insurance providers.
- Budget : Budget for car insurance costs.
- Coverage : See how coverage changes impact your rates.
- Insurance costs : See how much certain vehicles cost to insure.
Car Insurance Calculators Help You Save Money
If you have never used an auto insurance calculator before, you’ll be surprised on just how easy they are to use and how easily they can save you money. There is a reason why thousands of drivers in Ontario and across Canada use insurance calculators when shopping – they help you save money, without having to go through the painstaking process of getting estimates from individual insurance providers.
Learn how to save even more money on auto insurance rates here : Top 45 Car Insurance Savings Tips
Compare Options Using A Car Insurance Premium Calculator
In addition to helping you save money, calculators provide you with options. You’ll be able to clearly see the options that are available to you. You’ll be able to see what you’ll get from various insurance providers in terms of the coverage amounts for the estimated premium.
The information from an insurance premium estimator will help you make a more educated and informed decision when it comes time to renew your policy.
You will not only be able to see the cost of your premiums, you will know the level of coverage you will receive for your premiums.
If you’re not satisfied with your current insurance provider, using a car insurance premium calculator ensures you have options – lots of them! Try our calculator today to truly understand you coverage options. Learn more about car insurance premiums.
How Do You Calculate Car Insurance Costs?
Getting the most out of a car insurance calculator to get an estimate is important. It ensures that your estimates are as accurate as possible. Here are some great tips :
- Gather your driving information ahead of time : Getting together your current insurance policy, vehicle information, driver’s license, driving history, and the information of all drivers you want to include on your policy will help you save time.
- Know your coverage limits : It’s important to know the coverage limits you want to include. Know how much of a deductible you are comfortable with and the level of liability coverage you want included in your policy. Make sure you use the same coverage amounts for each estimate to ensure you are comparing rates using the same information.
- Don’t shop on price alone : Yes, the price of your insurance premium is important, but it’s not the only thing to consider when comparing your auto insurance rates. To ensure you get the best coverage, it’s very important to consider the amount of value and coverage you are getting for the estimated insurance rates. For example, one insurer may offer a lower premium, but it may not offer the same level of coverage than another with a slightly higher rate.
- Bundle coverage : Combining your insurance policies under a single policy will help you save. You can bundle home and auto insurance, combine multiple vehicles and get coverage for all your vehicles and property to maximize cost savings.
Use our calculator to consider all the variables when choosing Your coverage. Consider the price, coverage levels, and overall value of a policy before making a final decision about renewing your policy.
To learn more about how to save money on car insurance, check out : How are Ontario car insurance rates determined?
Calculate Insurance Discounts To Save More!
Are you taking advantage of all your car insurance discounts? An insurance calculator can help you uncover discounts you may have overlooked or where not aware of. As part of the quote process, you’ll be asked about discounts that are applicable to your situation.
Choose the discounts that apply to your situation and save! There are rate reduction opportunities for all types of drivers, vehicle usage, coverage types and much more.
Learn more about how to get the best car insurance discounts.
How Are Car Insurance Premiums Calculated?
Your car insurance premiums are calculated by insurers using a number of factors. Here is how insurance is calculated for a car :
- Driving record : Location, age, gender, and driving history.
- Vehicle information : Type of car you drive, vehicle feature, how much you drive.
- Coverage selection : Type of coverage, policy limits, endorsements.
- Deductible : Your deductible amount.
- Car insurance provider : Insurers use different methods to assess risk and calculate rates.
Can I Calculate Rates For Mandatory and Optional Insurance Coverage?
You can calculate rates for any type of insurance. The Ontario insurance system is made up of two main categories of coverage – mandatory and optional auto insurance coverage.
The mandatory coverage along with the optional coverage you add to your policy will determine your car insurance premium.
A standard amount of coverage is used when calculating your insurance rates. But, you can increase the minimum coverage amounts for mandatory coverage. Drivers are required by law to have the following coverage :
Adding extra coverage to your policy will increase your premiums, but most importantly, it will give you more protection. How your rates are calculated will vary based on the additional coverage you choose :
What Information Cannot Be Used By Insurers To Calculate Auto Insurance In Ontario?
Here are the factors Ontario insurance providers cannot use when calculating your rates :
- Not at fault accidents
- Credit history
- Employment status
- Vehicle status – own or lease
- Length of time at current address
Calculate Rates From Top Car Insurance Providers In Ontario
One of the greatest advantages of using our calculator is being able to calculate rates from the best insurance companies in Ontario.
This allows you to understand what the market has to offer, quickly compare estimates from multiple insurers and make the best decision.
Car Insurance Calculator FAQs
Here are some frequently asked questions we receive about using an Ontario car insurance calculator :
There are a number of ways you can calculate car insurance rates. You can get quotes from individual insurers, but this takes a lot of time and effort. A more effective approach is to work with an insurance broker. They can help you compare quotes from multiple providers. All you need to do is fill out your information once get access to a variety of quotes and coverage to compare. Calculate rates and compare car insurance quotes today!
Car insurance calculators are only as accurate as the information you provide. If you leave sections blank or do not provide correct information, your quote will not be accurate. It’s recommended you gather your information, such as your driver’s license, vehicle information, and driving history before using a calculator.
This will ensure you are entering accurate information into the car insurance calculator. Always provide complete and correct information to get the best and most accurate quote.
Car insurance costs are calculated using a variety of factors. These factors can vary based on insurance provider. In general, insurers use information such as your vehicle type, driving history, coverage limits, claims history, age, location, and other factors to assess your level of risk as a driver.
Since insurers use different formulas to calculate rates, it’s important to compare quotes and calculate rates before choosing coverage. You’ll have a better idea of your insurance coverage options. Plus, you will put yourself in the best position to save.
While you can get an estimate, it will not be completely accurate. Personal information such as your address, age, gender, driver’s license and driving history are all used to estimate your rates. Without this information, you will NOT have an accurate quote. The more information you provide the more accurate of an estimate you’ll receive.
Yes. You can use a car insurance calculator to get an estimate for full coverage, and any other type of auto insurance.
Get the information about the car you are considering as well as your driving information and enter this into the calculator. This will provide you with an estimate of insurance costs for that particular vehicle.
You can use our online car insurance quote calculator anytime to compare insurance costs from more than 40 insurers in Canada.
Using a car insurance calculator to compare quotes is one of the most effective ways to make your insurance cheaper. Compare quotes annually to capitalize on savings opportunities each time your policy is up for renewal.
No. How insurance providers calculate car insurance rates vary from insurer to insurer. This is why it’s important to calculate and compare quotes from multiple insurers.
Yes. You can get quotes for monthly and annual car insurance costs by using a calculator.
You should use a premium calculator each time your policy is up for renewal and any other times your insurance situation changes.
Yes. At ThinkInsure, we can help you calculate rates for your home and auto insurance coverage. Combining your coverage will help you save even more. Get an insurance discount on both policies.
Absolutely. Whether you drive an SUV, car, truck, motorcycle or any other type of vehicle you can estimate costs before choosing a policy.
Calculate Car Insurance Rates In Your City
ThinkInsure takes pride in offering affordable and reliable car insurance. Whether you drive in the crowded streets of a big city, or in a quiet community or rural area, we can help you get coverage that meets all your needs.
Alberta Ontario Barrie Belleville Brampton Brantford Burlington Calgary Cambridge Edmonton Etobicoke Fort McMurray Grande Prairie Guelph Hamilton Kingston Kitchener-Waterloo Lethbridge London Markham Medicine Hat Mississauga Newmarket North Bay Peterborough Red Deer Richmond Hill Oakville Oshawa Ottawa Sault Ste Marie Scarborough St. Catharines Sudbury Thunder Bay Toronto Vaughan Windsor
Calculate Auto Insurance By Car BrandsAudi Insurance BMW Insurance Dodge Insurance Ford Insurance General Motors Insurance Honda Insurance Hyundai Insurance Jeep Insurance Kia Insurance Lexus Insurance Mercedes Benz Insurance Nissan Insurance Subaru Insurance Tesla Insurance Toyota Insurance Volkswagen Insurance
Try Our Insurance Calculators
With insurance rates always fluctuating, using insurance calculator can help you get a more accurate cost estimate.
Popular Car Insurance Articles
Here are some of our most popular car insurance and driving articles.