List Of Auto Insurance Discounts In Canada
Here is a list of the top discounts avialable :
Combine Car + Home
When you bundle your home and auto insurance with
the same company you can get discounts of up to 20% or more depending on the company.
- Save up to 20% on auto and 50% on home coverage
When you have family members who live in the same household and drive separate vehicles there are discounts available.
Getting multi car insurance coverage with the same company will lower payments.
There are additional ways that you can save depending on how you pay your premiums.
- Pay for full year in lump sum – save up to 8%
- Automatic payments by Electronic Fund Transfer – up to 2%
- Pay on time consistently – up to 15%
Loyalty And Renewals
Many insurers offer discounts for loyal customers who renew their policies each year. The longer you have coverage with a company the lower the payment.
- 1-5 years with a company – save up to 5%
- 6 years with a company – save up to 6%
- 7 years with a company – save up to 7%
- 8 years with a company – save up to 8%
- 9 years with a company – save up to 9%
- 10+ years with a company – save up to 10%
Good Driving Rewards
Good drivers can save significantly when enrolled in a usage based insurance or telematics program.
Driving habits get monitored and good driving habits get rewarded.
Purchasing a new vehicle that is less than 3 years can help you pay less.
The harder your vehicle is to steal the better. If you have an after market anti-theft device installed in your vehicle you could additional savings ranging from :
- After Factory – save up to 5%
- Satellite – save up to 15%
It’s proven that it’s safer to use winter tires.
Get a discount when you park your vehicle in a private garage or driveway.
Green Or Eco Friendly Vehicle
If you drive a hybrid car or electric vehicle you can save more.
Retiree And Seniors
If you are retired or a senior you'll qualify. Even over 50 drivers can get a discount or savings.
New and young drivers who take a government approved drivers training course can get additional cost reductions.
There are reductions available as drivers graduate through each level of the graduated licensing program.
- Graduate from G1 to G2 - save up to 10%
- Graduate from G2 to G – save up to 10%
Drivers who are full time students between the ages of 16 and 25 who have a “B” average or better may qualify.
Out Of Town Student
When parents have children who are away from home at university or college they can save on their coverage for that child.
Let Us Shop And Compare Insurance Discounts
A ThinkInsure advisor can quickly compare Ontario car insurance quotes and find out which discounts you qualify for.