Kingston driving tips
As a midsized town, the city is known for its relatively safe driving conditions. The area sees plenty of traffic from residents, people from the surrounding towns, and people passing through to cross the border into the United States. Traffic is aided by the fact that the 401 crosses through the north end of the city, with Highway 15 and Interstate 81 also being busy routes to and from the city.
While there is a good number of daily commuters, accident, and vehicle theft numbers are low compared to other regions. There are over 72,000 daily commuters. The city experiences more than 1,700 collisions per year.
Winter driving is a huge factor in Kingston, a reason to ensure you have high-quality winter tires and a good policy.
Here are some helpful driving tips to ensure you drive safely:
- Check the border crossing times if you plan to make a trip to the U.S.
- Make sure you install winter tires in advance of the winter driving season.
- Avoid distracted driving and always keep your focus on the road.
- Drive with care when approaching Queen’s University and the other colleges in town.
- Give yourself enough time to arrive at your destination on time.
- Make sure you travel with an emergency kit in your vehicle, especially during the winter months.
- Make note of construction zones and avoid them.
Following these driving tips and advice will ensure you are ready for anything when driving. Be confident behind the wheel knowing you have affordable coverage and the best protection. We look forward to helping you with all your auto insurance needs!