Edmonton Car Insurance Quotes And Coverage
Get A Quote And You Could Save $500 On Your Auto Insurance!
All drivers want cheap car insurance in Edmonton. Saving money is important, especially with rising insurance costs. We work with Edmonton drivers to help them compare quotes, save money, and get the best coverage.
Getting auto insurance in Edmonton doesn’t have to be complicated.
Why Get An Edmonton Auto Insurance Quote From ThinkInsure?
Shopping for car insurance quotes in Edmonton? We make comparing insurance coverage and getting the best rates as simple as possible.
Here are some reasons to choose us for your car insurance :
- Save money : We help you keep more money in your pocket. Save hundreds of dollars per year on car insurance coverage.
- The cheapest rates : We compare the best quotes from the top Alberta car insurance providers.
- The best coverage : Choose from a large selection of auto insurance options. Get the coverage you need for your vehicle.
- Personalized service : You are our top priority. Get the person service you expect. Our insurance experts go above and beyond to ensure your needs are met.
Get The Cheapest Auto Insurance In Edmonton!
Comparing quotes is quicker and easier than you think. In fact, it can be as simple as 1-2-3. Simply start a quote online, fill out your driving and vehicle information, and choose a quote.
You get the coverage you need at the cheapest rates in minutes. Getting cheap car insurance can really be that simple.
Compare Edmonton car insurance quotes online. Or call toll-free 1-855-550-5515 and we will be happy to help you.
About Car Insurance In Edmonton
The continued growth in population and vehicles on the road make driving in Edmonton a challenge. Alberta’s capital city, nicknamed the “Gateway to the North,” is one of Canada’s fastest growing. With close to 1 million residents in the city and about 1.8 million people in the metro area, grid lock, congestion, and delays is part of daily driving.
But whether you are commuting to work, heading to the West Edmonton Mall for some shopping or Rogers Place to catch an Oilers game, it’s important to have a car insurance policy you can rely on.
At ThinkInsure, you can quickly compare Edmonton car insurance quotes and get the cheapest rates. We’re dedicated to helping you get the coverage you need at the lowest rates.
How To Get An Edmonton Car Insurance Quote
Simply enter some information about yourself and driving habits. Then you can compare quotes from the leading insurance providers. Choose from the lowest rates and get the best coverage for your needs.
To get the most accurate quote it is helpful for you to have the following :
1) Your Alberta drivers license
2) Your vehicle information<
You can quickly compare auto insurance quotes in a couple of simple steps :
Start Your Quote
Begin your car insurance quote.Start
Tell Us About Yourself And Vehicle
Provide us with some basic personal, driving and vehicle information.
Compare quotes, coverage and discounts from the best providers.
Choose The Best Policy
Choose the best rate and coverage. Confirm the details with our experts and purchase your policy.
Call An Edmonton Car Insurance Expert
Call our car insurance experts to directly to compare quotes. They will provide savings advice and look for additional discounts. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes - 1-855-550-5515.
What You Need To Know About Auto Insurance In Edmonton
Car insurance in Edmonton, Alberta is different than in other provinces. It is a combination of mandatory and optional coverage :
Mandatory Auto Insurance Coverage
All Edmonton drivers are required to have auto insurance. Drivers are required to have a minimum amount of $200,000 in third party liability coverage. Without this coverage you will not be able to register your vehicle in the province.
Optional Car Insurance Coverage
Drivers in Edmonton can get optional coverage from any Alberta car insurance provider. The vast majority of drivers have auto insurance that is above the minimum requirements.
Most drivers have $1 million in third party liability coverage. Many drivers also have collision or comprehensive coverage.
Grid Rating System
Insurance rates for mandatory insurance coverage are determined using the grid rating system. Most Edmonton drivers do not pay grid insurance premiums. New drivers and young drivers are often capped by the grid system. This helps them keep insurance costs down.
Edmonton Car Insurance Coverage Tips
- Increase your third party liability coverage : With Alberta having the highest amount of weather related claims, it’s important to make sure you have enough liability coverage.
- Get comprehensive coverage for added protection : The rise of vehicle theft and vandalism make it worth considering getting comprehensive coverage.
- Get windshield coverage : The frigid temperatures, flying stones from trucks, and weather conditions often lead to windshield cracks and the need for replacement. Windshield coverage reduces your out of pocket costs.
How Much Is Car Insurance In Edmonton?
Edmonton car insurance costs vary from driver to driver. Car insurance rates are determined using many factors, including the grid rating system, where you live, age, driving experience, vehicle type, driving record and more.
What Is The Average Premium For Auto Insurance In Edmonton?
The average price for auto insurance in Alberta is about $1,250 per year. Due to the size of the city, traffic volume, number of drivers, and increased risk, most drivers in Edmonton pay more than the average premium.
Why Is Car Insurance In Edmonton So Expensive?
Large cities typically have higher auto insurance rates. Car insurance in Edmonton is more expensive than other areas of Alberta because there are more vehicles on the road. This results in more accidents and more claims. Theft, claims costs, fraud, and other factors continue to drive up rates.
How Do I Get Cheap Car Insurance In Edmonton?
All drivers want cheap car insurance Edmonton, Alberta. Its not as complicated as you think. Here is how you get the cheapest rates :
- Shop around : Compare cheap quotes with our insurance experts.
- Drive safe : Keep your driving record clean.
- Choose your vehicle wisely : Choose a vehicle that is insurance friendly.
- Ask about discounts : You may qualify for a number of insurance discounts.
- Use winter tires : You will qualify for an insurance discount.
- Bundle coverage : Combine your home and auto insurance coverage for additional savings.
- Driver training : Completing a driver training program will help new drivers lower auto insurance rates.
Compare Edmonton Car Insurance Quotes
Get started below to save on your car insurance.
- Compare quotes from multiple providers
- We save our customers hundreds everyday
- It's quick, easy and free!
Savings Tip - Call UsCall to get additional car insurance discounts and expert savings advice. A quick call could save you a lot more!
Types Of Auto Insurance Coverage In Edmonton
Looking to get a quote for certain car insurance coverage? Our insurance experts can help you compare all types of coverage. Whether you have questions about basic coverage requirements or want to compare your options to add to your current coverage, we can help.
Here are the two main types of coverage available to Edmonton drivers :
- Personal Liability and Property Damage (PLPD)
- Accident benefits
- Additional PLPD coverage
- Additional accident benefits coverage
- Collision coverage
- Comprehensive coverage
- Specified Perils
Need a quote for a specific type of car insurance coverage? We are only a call away!
Get Quotes For All Types Of Car Insurance In Edmonton Alberta
No two drivers in Edmonton are the same. Neither is the types of vehicles they drive. We offer coverage for all types of cars, trucks, SUVs, Recreational vehicles, and more.
Here are some of our insurance products :
Get coverage for all types, makes, and models of vehicles, including classic cars.
We offer recreational vehicle insurance for motorhomes, campers, ATVs, boats, and more.
We help riders just like you get motorcycle insurance coverage for your bike. This includes coverage for mopeds, scooters, and Vespa’s.
Edmonton Uber Insurance
Are you an Uber driver? Get standard Uber insurance coverage through Intact insurance.
Car Insurance For Students
Are you a student? Attend the University of Alberta, MacEwan University, NorQuest College, or another school in the city? We help young drivers get affordable car insurance coverage.
Home and Auto Insurance
Bundling insurance in Edmonton is a great way to save. We offer a variety of home and auto insurance bundles to help you get the best rates.
What Can I Do To Lower My Car Insurance Premiums In Edmonton?
Finding more affordable car insurance premiums in Edmonton doesn’t have to be complicated. It’s actually easier than you think :
- Compare quotes : At ThinkInsure, our team can compare quotes and coverage from the top insurers in the province. This means you have more options to save and more options to find the coverage you need.
- Shop around : Lowering your auto insurance premiums can be as simple as shopping around. Don’t let your policy automatically renew without exploring your options.
- Check insurance rates before your policy renewal : Comparing Edmonton auto insurance rates before you renew your policy allows you to take advantage of the latest rates and discounts.
Use A Car Insurance Calculator In Edmonton
All drivers want to know how much car insurance is going to cost. It’s one of the main reasons so many Edmonton residents compare quotes and calculate potential cost savings.
An Alberta car insurance calculator will help you estimate your rates before you choose your policy. This can be helpful when shopping for a new vehicle, adding a new driver to your policy, and when adjusting your coverage limits.
At ThinkInsure, we’ll help you estimate and compare quotes to help you understand your insurance costs and save.
Car Insurance For All Edmonton Areas
Now the fifth largest municipality in Canada, and the second largest in Alberta, there is no shortage of drivers in Edmonton that need insurance.
We offer auto insurance coverage to Edmonton drivers in all city regions and neighborhoods :
- Downtown: Oliver, Garneau, Strathcona
- Southwest sector : Heritage Valley, Kaskitayo, Riverbend, Terwillegar Heights and Windermere
- Southeast sector : Ellerslie, The Meadows, Mill Woods and Southeast Edmonton
- Northwest sector : Big Lake
- North sector : Castle Downs, Lake District and The Palisades
- Northeast sector : Casselman-Steele Heights, Clareview, Hermitage, Londonderry and Pilot Sound
- West sector : The Grange, Lewis Farms and West Jasper Place
Tips for Edmonton Drivers
- Be alert on major roadways : Be on alert for traffic congestion on Kingsway, Yellowhead Trail (Highway 16), Whitemud Drive and Anthony Henday Drive. They are among the busiest roads in the city.
- Invest in winter tires : It snows frequently in the city and the snowy seasons lasts longer than most cities.
- Invest in a remote car starter : Temperatures can dip well below zero. A remote starter allows your car to warm up.
- Drive safe near bike routes : Watch out for cyclists when driving near the Downtown Bike Network.
- Use Edmonton’s ring road : Anthony Henday Drive makes it easier to get around the city and avoid congestion on other main streets.
- Avoid the city’s busiest intersections : 50th Street and 112th Ave and 111th Street and 51st Ave are regarded as the two busiest intersections in the city. 111th Street and 23rd Ave, 111th Street and 34th Ave and Stony Plain Rd and 142nd Street are also areas to avoid, especially during rush hour.
- Check the traffic conditions before driving : Drivers can use edmontontrafficcam.com to check out live feeds on traffic cameras.
Edmonton Driving Stats And Facts
- SUVs and trucks are popular : Similar to other cities in Alberta, over three quarters of the vehicles on Alberta roads are SUVs or trucks. Edmonton is no different.
- The number of drivers is on the rise : There are about 700,000 licensed drivers in the Edmonton region. This number has continued to rise every year since 2012.
- Highway congestion : Edmonton has some of the most congested highways in Canada. This is due to the cities accelerated growth.
- Long commutes : Edmonton drivers can expect commutes that are comparable to other large cities in the country. The average driver spends more than 25 minutes (one way) to get to and from work. This is on par with the commute in Calgary.
- Residents prefer to drive : The city has one of the proportions of public transit use at just 11.3%. Only Quebec has the lowest out of the large cities. Toronto has the highest at 24.3%.
- Vehicle theft is an issue : About 12 cars are stolen per day in 2017, there were more than 4,400 vehicles reported stolen in the city.
- Collisions on the rise : There were close to 24,000 collisions in Edmonton in 2017. Total collisions increased by 3.3% from the previous year. Fridays have the highest number of collisions on average. Sundays have the fewest.
Edmonton Car Insurance FAQs
Still have questions about auto insurance in Edmonton? Check out these additional commonly asked questions :
Edmonton drivers can get cheaper car insurance by being proactive. Be sure to compare quotes regularly, inquire about discounts, increase your deductible, and maintain an accident and ticket free driving record. These factors can help you get the cheapest car insurance in Edmonton for your situation.
Rates are set by the Automobile Insurance Rate Board (AIRB) and the Office of the Superintendent of Insurance. These parties regulate auto insurance in Alberta.
You can shop for car insurance anytime! It’s a good idea to compare quotes when your policy is up for renewal, when getting a new vehicle, and when making changes to your policy.
Yes. Generally, you will receive a discount for paying your auto insurance policy in full upfront. You will also save money on interest and administrative fees.
No. You cannot get temporary car insurance in Edmonton or throughout Alberta. Some insurers offer 6 month policies. The standard is a one year policy.
Absolutely! We’ll happily help you get insurance for your classic ride. Whether you have something classic, vintage, or antique, we’ll make sure your baby is covered.
Yes! ThinkInsure is open every Saturday from 9am to 5pm to help you with all your insurance needs.
To operate a vehicle in Alberta, you are required to purchase auto insurance through a private insurer. Compare quotes and choose a policy that reflects your driving needs.
Saving on car insurance can be achieved in a number of ways. In addition to comparing quotes, drivers should review their policy to ensure they have the right amount of coverage, see if they qualify for new discounts when renewing their policy, and speak with their insurance professional about ways to lower their insurance costs.
It depends on your coverage needs, driving record, the type of vehicle you drive and many other factors. It's best to compare quotes from multiple providers to increase your chances of finding the cheapest auto insurer in Edmonton.
No. Insurance providers do not offer month to month policies in Alberta. At a minimum, you will need to take out a 6 month insurance policy.
When you choose a car insurance policy, you have the option to choose when you want the policy to take effect. It can start right away or at a later date.
You have to compare your insurance coverage options if you want to get the best deal. Just like any other purchase, you need to shop around, compare your options, and educate yourself about your policy options. Speak with our insurance professionals today to get a free quote. We’ll help you find the best rates based on your driving situation.
Edmonton Car Insurance News And Blog
We update our site regularly with information and tips on insurance savings, driving safety, news and much more for Alberta and Edmonton drivers.
Mar 20, 2019: A car insurance policy is something you need to drive. All drivers have them, but how much do you know about your car insurance policy? In this blog, we’ll answer some of the most commonly asked questions about car insurance policies.
Feb 26, 2019: Need to add a secondary or occasional driver to your policy? Learn about when you need occasional driver insurance. We’ll also explain the different between primary and secondary driver insurance in Ontario and Alberta.
Feb 13, 2019: Third party liability insurance is one of the most important types of car insurance coverage. In this blog we will define third party liability (TPL) insurance, explain what is covered, how it works and other FAQs.
Get Insurance In Edmonton
Find The Cheapest Auto Insurance In A Different City Or Province
See below for other regions where we can get you cheap auto insurance rates.
Alberta Ontario Barrie Belleville Brampton Brantford Burlington Calgary Cambridge Edmonton Etobicoke Fort McMurray Grande Prairie Guelph Hamilton Kingston Kitchener-Waterloo Lethbridge London Markham Medicine Hat Mississauga Newmarket North Bay Peterborough Red Deer Richmond Hill Oakville Oshawa Ottawa Sault Ste Marie Scarborough St. Catharines Sudbury Thunder Bay Toronto Vaughan Windsor
Save With The Best Insurance Providers In Edmonton
With over 40 insurance partners we can compare insurance quotes to save you money. Here some of the insurers we work with :Aviva BMO Insurance Chieftain Chubb Coachman Commonwell Mutual Desjardins Insurance Economical Echelon Hagerty Intact Jevco Pafco Pembridge Perth Insurance Premier Marine RBC Insurance SGI Canada Travelers Unica Wawanesa
Learn more about the insurance companies that we work with.
Get An Auto Insurance Quote In Edmonton
We make getting Edmonton car insurance quotes easy. Get an online car insurance quote today or call us and a ThinkInsure expert will be happy to compare the cheapest quotes for you.