Get the best auto insurance rates in Sudbury
Driving is an embedded part of living in Sudbury, and as a result, so is the need for a strong car insurance policy.
Located in the heart of the Canadian Shield, Sudbury is the largest northern city in the province. This historic city, famously known for nickel mining and the Big Nickel – a 30-foot replica of a 1951 Canadian nickel, is home to more than 170,000 residents.
The city is known for its interchangeable wilderness and urban settings, making driving a unique experience. This means you need reliable auto insurance to ensure you have protection for all types of situations in Sudbury.
At ThinkInsure, we’ll help you compare quotes and get the best coverage from top insurance companies in Canada. Many of our Sudbury customers save up to $500 or more when they compare car insurance quotes with us.
How Sudbury auto insurance works
Car insurance in Sudbury works the same as it does across the rest of Ontario. Here’s a quick summary :
- Car insurance rules are determined at the provincial level
- FSRAO regulates the industry
- Coverage is mandatory
- All drivers must carry $200,000 in third-party liability
- A no fault system is in effect
- Private insurance companies and brokerages offer coverage
- There are two main types of coverage – mandatory and optional
- You can increase plan limits and add endorsements to personalize your policy
Mandatory insurance includes
- Third-party liability
- Statutory accident benefits
- Direct compensation property damage (DCPD)
- uninsured automobile
Optional insurance includes
Get more information about Ontario car insurance rates and how the system works.