Get A Toronto Car Insurance Quote And Save Up To $500 Or 30%
ThinkInsure helps drivers save by comparing cheap Toronto car insurance quotes from the leading insurance providers. Our insurance professionals provide expert savings advice and can get the lowest rates to help our customers save on their car insurance.
- Savings : We can save you money on Toronto car insurance. We'll get you quotes from the top providers. Our customers get the cheapest rates and save hundreds each year.
- Large Choice And Selection : We give you lots of choice from the top providers. You can compare quotes and choose the best option for your insurance needs.
- Dedicated Customer Service : We'll quickly get you coverage and provide top level customer service. We value your business. Our team of dedicated service experts will go the extra-mile to meet all your Toronto insurance needs.
- It's Easy : It's simple to get your auto insurance with ThinkInsure. We'll find you the best rates and coverage and be there when you need us most. Such as policy changes, insurance questions or if you get into an accident.
Looking For The Lowest Toronto Car Insurance Rates?
Want to save on car insurance? Want the cheapest rates in Toronto? We all want to save on auto insurance in Toronto. Whether you drive a car, truck, SUV or any other type of vehicle, saving on insurance is important.
With Toronto car insurance rates some of the highest in Canada, finding ways to reduce prices and find low cost solutions is a must.
Rates are on the rise. Each time your policy is up for renewal is an opportunity to save money.
At ThinkInsure we can help you get cheapest auto insurance rates in Toronto while ensuring you get the coverage you need to be protected when driving throughout the GTA.
About Car Insurance In Toronto
Toronto is the largest city in Canada. It has close to 6 million residents across the Greater Toronto Area. It also has the most drivers, traffic, and is known for long commutes and highway driving. With so many vehicles on the roads daily and the increased risk of accidents, it’s imperative you have a good policy and coverage.
You never know what could happen when commuting on the 401, 427, Gardiner Expressway or DVP. Busy parking lots, vehicle theft and insurance fraud are all additional concerns Toronto drivers have. They are also contributing factors to why insurance rates in Toronto are so expensive.
Want to get the cheapest auto insurance rates in Toronto? It’s easier than you think. Simply work with a ThinkInsure insurance expert to compare save on your insurance. We’ll find you the most competitive prices.
How To Get A Cheap Car Insurance Quote In Toronto
One of the biggest benefits of using an insurance calculator in Toronto is they are really easy to use. It only takes a few minutes of your time to compare quotes and find savings.
To calculate the most accurate rates it is helpful to have your license and vehicle information :
1) Your drivers license
2) Your vehicle information
Then quickly fill out some basic personal and driving information :
Start Your Quote
Start your car insurance quote.Start
Tell Us About Yourself And Vehicle
Provide us with some basic personal, driving and vehicle information.
Compare The Cheapest Quotes
Compare the lowest quotes from the top insurance providers.
Choose The Best Policy
Choose the best rate and coverage. Confirm the details with our experts and purchase your policy.
What Are The Best Tips To Get Cheap Auto Insurance In Toronto?
Here are some helpful tips to help you get cheap auto insurance quotes in Toronto :
Shop And Compare Rates
There are lots of insurance providers in Toronto. This means you have more options than you think. Our experts can help you get quotes from multiple insurers so you can more effectively compare your options. Shopping around allows you to assess you coverage needs and shop based on price and value.
Bundle Your Insurance Coverage
Rent or own a home or condo in Toronto? Bundle all your insurance coverage into a single policy. You will automatically qualify for an insurance discount and lower your insurance rates.
Review Your Policy
Review your policy when getting your annual auto insurance quote. Renewal time is the perfect opportunity to look for new ways to save money, update your information or adjust your coverage. Speak with us about how you can get cheaper rates.
Things change, including the types of discounts you qualify for. Always ask about available discounts for additional cost savings. You never know when a new savings opportunity will present itself.
Use Winter Tires
Winter road conditions in Toronto can be challenging and dangerous. Improve safety, give yourself peace of mind and save on auto insurance rates by simply using winter tires. Use winter tires to immediately quality for a winter tire discount.
Complete Driving School
Completing driver training will help you get a good start to your record as an insured driver. It will help you lower your rates and save.
Increase Your Deductible
If you can afford to do so, increase your deductive to lower your insurance rates. The more you increase your deductible, the more you will save on your premiums.
What Is The Average Cost Of Car Insurance In Toronto?
People want to know the average cost of car insurance because they want to see where their rates fall within the spectrum. Are you paying more or less than than other Toronto drivers? And by how much?
So, what does average auto insurance in Toronto look like? As you would expect, it is higher than the Ontario provincial average, but it’s not the highest in the province. The average annual cost of car insurance in Toronto is $2,071. This works out to about $172.58 per month.
Is It Possible To Get Cheap Insurance In Toronto?
Amid the high insurance costs and rate increases, it is still possible for drivers to get cheap insurance in Toronto. You just need to be diligent and compare quotes. Comparing quotes makes it more likely you’ll find low cost auto insurance coverage and get better value.
When you choose ThinkInsure, you open the door to more auto insurance coverage options and more savings opportunities. We’ll help you reduce your rates and get affordable quotes.
How Do I Get The Best Car Insurance In Toronto?
We know that you want to get the best car insurance rates and coverage. It all depends on your current situation, driving and insurance needs. For some people, the best car insurance is based on getting the cheapest car insurance rates.
For others, it’s about getting specific coverage or having access to a Toronto insurance broker that provides great customer service.
Think about what is most important to you. This will help you determine what is the best car insurance in Toronto. We can help you find a policy that meets your criteria for price and coverage.
Why Are Auto Insurance Rates Higher In Toronto?
- There are more cars on the road.
- There is more traffic compared to other major cities.
- Accidents are more frequent and likely to occur.
- There is a greater risk of car theft and vehicle break-ins.
- There are more instances of insurance fraud.
All of these factors add up to an increased level of risk for insurers, meaning higher rates for drivers in Toronto and across the GTA.
We understand this is not an ideal situation. The good news is there is something you can do about it. Shop around and get Toronto car insurance quotes.
To get started, all you need to do is enter some basic information into our online car insurance quote tool and we will quickly compare multiple quotes for you. Then you can make your choice from the cheapest rates in Ontario.
You can also call toll free 1-855-550-5515 and one of our licensed experts will be happy to help you.
See Our Car Insurance Reviews
Having Happy Customers Is Our Top Priority
ThinkInsure is a leading provider of car insurance. We take pride in helping hundreds of Toronto drivers get the best car insurance savings and coverage every month.
We Have Hundreds Of 5 Star Reviews!
Average of 4.7 out of 5 stars in 653 Google reviews
Sandy Kerr was excellent to work with! She was fun, prompt in answering any inquiries and contacted me frequently with updates throughout the process. She was very friendly and helpful explaining any questions I had. I recommend anyone stuck in an insurance situation to give her a call!
I am so incredibly happy and impressed with the customer service I received from Sandy Kerr. She really did go above and beyond to help me find auto insurance. My circumstance was not ideal, (switching provinces, not the best driving record) and she went through every obstacle for me to get the most accurate quote. Would highly recommend ThinkInsure just because of Sandy being so wonderful!
Rafael gave me a great quote on car insurance, saving me a large sum of money each year.
Natalie was very help in assisting me with my car insurance package, would highly recommend.
Vicentiu Gabriel Bobarnac
Exelent service, profesional .They deliver what they promise
The customer service i received form Sandy Kerr was exceptional and the best service you could possibly receive.Sandy was very professional and amazing to work with. Thanks Sandy for all your help with the insurance process.
really helpful.. I was insured that afternoon.
Sandy Kerr explained all my insurance questions in very professional way. Thanks
Use A Toronto Car Insurance Calculator
One of the ways you can find out the cost of auto insurance in Toronto is to use a car insurance calculator. Online calculators make it easy for you to fill out your information so you can assess your coverage and cost options.
You'll get a sense of the average Toronto rates you can expect to pay, based on the information you provided. They are definitely a great resource when shopping for car insurance.
Check out the ThinkInsure Toronto car insurance calculator to see how much you could save.
Car Insurance In Toronto For New Drivers
We get a lot of questions about how to get car insurance for first time drivers. Getting coverage for new young drivers in Toronto can be somewhat of a challenge. As a new driver you don't have much driving experience or history.
So you will likely pay higher rates compared to more experienced Toronto drivers. But, that’s okay. We can help new drivers find low auto insurance rates in Toronto.
Also by living in Toronto, you reside in an area that has some of the highest insurance rates in Ontario and all of Canada. So if you want to save make sure you do your homework, compare quotes, attend driving school, and work with an insurance expert.
If you want to save in Toronto and across the GTA, even if you are a new driver, call us toll-free 1-855-550-5515 and they will help find you the best quotes and coverage for your needs.
Driving In Toronto Has It's Challenges And Impact On Insurance
Toronto is Canada’s largest city, the 4th largest in North America, and it also serves as the capital of Ontario. It is home to some of the busiest highways, traffic congestion, and challenging driving conditions. This makes it extremely important to have dependable car insurance coverage.
With thousands of vehicles, cyclists, pedestrians, and no shortage of other things you have to navigate during your daily commute, sometimes being a good and save driver isn’t enough.
You never know when you could find yourself in a fender bender, but when you have dependable car insurance from Toronto’s best provider, you can take a deep breath and rest assured that you are covered if something happens.
We Have Car Insurance For All Types Of Toronto Drivers
For those with a great driving record and even those with the not-so-great driving record, we can give you the best rates available. We can get affordable coverage young drivers or new drivers. If you are considered a high risk driver we specialize in high risk auto insurance.
We work with the top insurance providers in Toronto, so we can get all types of drivers the best coverage for their needs. Regardless of your driving situation, we can help you :
- Do you have a long commute each day?
- Do you only drive occasionally?
- Do you drive an older vehicle?
- Are you a student or first time driver?
- Do you have multiple drivers on your insurance coverage?
- Do you need coverage for multiple vehicles?
Toronto Car Insurance For All Neighborhoods
We can even help you explore options for the Toronto neighborhood where you live :
- Old Toronto : Notable neighborhoods include the downtown core, Harbourfront, The Beaches, Midtown, East Danforth, Yorkville, Casa Loma, Bloor West Village, Liberty Village
- North York : Don Mills, Downsview, Hillcrest Village, North York Centre, Parkwoods, Uptown Toronto, York Mills
- Scarborough : Cliffside, Eglinton East, Golden Mile, Morningside, Port Union, Scarborough City Centre, Steeles, Wexford
- Etobicoke : Centennial Park, The Kingsway, Mimico, Rexdale, Islington City Centre West
- York : Eglinton West, Oakwood-Vaughan, Old Mill, Weston
- East York : Broadview, Pape Village, Danforth, Leaside, Woodbine Heights
Quotes And Coverage From The Top Toronto Car Insurance Providers
One of the main advantages getting a policy with us for car insurance is choice. With ThinkInsure, you can compare quotes from the top providers in Toronto. With our large selection you can be sure to get the best rates and coverage for your needs.
The insurance partners we work with have many different car insurance discounts and our experts will quickly find the best ones that you qualify for to help you save.
There are also savings discounts of up 30% when you bundle different types of coverage such as home and auto insurance. So it pays to bundle your coverage with the same provider.
Some of the providers we work with include :
- Aviva : Aviva provides an extensive list of options, including accident forgiveness, temporary vehicle replacement coverage, a disappearing deductible and much more.
- Intact : Intact offers coverage for all types of vehicles, including cars, RVs, motorcycles and more.
- Wawanesa : As one of the biggest brands in Canada, you can expect great coverage options, flexible payment options and simple claims processing.
- Travelers : Get coverage for all types of vehicles and take advantage of a variety of car insurance discounts with Travelers.
See our full list of insurance companies that we can get you coverage with to serve you best.
How Do You Save On Toronto Auto Insurance?
Whether you are a seasoned Toronto driver or a tourist visiting the city, here are some very helpful tips to help you save on auto insurance. We included some extra driving and savings tips for navigating the streets and highways that make up Toronto’s infrastructure :
- Stay Alert When Driving : There are many potential dangers on Toronto roads. Remain alert at all times and watch out for pedestrians, cyclists, taxies, and other vehicles.
- Avoid Rush Hour Traffic When Possible : If possible, avoid the downtown core and major highways during peak driving times. Before and after work have the highest traffic volume and increase your chances of getting into an accident.
- Take Extra Time When Weather Is Bad : Give yourself plenty of time to get to your destination. Expect it will take you longer to drive when traffic is heavy and when driving conditions are poor. Check the traffic report before leaving.
- Expect Construction Delays : Expect construction delays when driving in Toronto. Check the traffic report before you depart to see where the construction delays are and how they are impacting traffic conditions.
- Know Your Route : Know where you are going. Use a GPS to provide you with directions, avoid congestion, and get to your destination. Also, be aware of alternative routes to avoid accidents and avoid traffic.
- Watch Out For One Way Streets : There are many one way streets in the city of Toronto. Always be conscious of them and consider them when planning your route.
- Pass Street Cars With Caution : When streetcars come to a stop and the doors are open, do not pass – pedestrians get on and off at all stops.
- Parking Is Expensive : Expect to pay premium prices for parking in the downtown core – consider parking at a commuter lot and taking the subway or go train into town.
- Gas Up Before You Go Downtown : Fill up on gas before you head downtown – gas stations there are more expensive and are less common.
- Watch Out For Wildlife : Watch out for wildlife when driving on the highway – especially during the spring and fall. Pay particular attention when traveling north of the city.
- Park Your Car In A Garage Or Private Driveway : You will get additional discounts if you park your vehicle in a garage or private driveway. This will help reduce the odds of vehicle theft, vandalism, or break-ins.
- Drive Insurance Friendly Cars : The type of car you drive matters. When shopping for a vehicle, look for vehicles that are insurance friendly (safe, reliable, not commonly stolen). These vehicles have more affordable insurance rates.
These tips are a great refresher for Toronto drivers and provide new drivers to the city with some things to think about when driving in the Greater Toronto Area.
Tickets, Theft And Fraud Effect Toronto Car Insurance Rates
Each one of these factors contribute to insurers providing different car insurance quotes depending on the specific algorithms they use to determine their rates – meaning some rates are higher and some lower than others.
- More traffic tickets and violations.
- An increase in the risk of auto theft.
- Increased instances of fraud.
Make sure you get the best car insurance rates in Toronto by choosing ThinkInsure. We will shop and compare to get you the best price and policy. Our licensed experts will make the entire process of buying car insurance easy.
Toronto Traffic And Car Insurance
Driving in Toronto is unlike anywhere else in Ontario. All of the province’s major highways pass through the region.
- Population Of 5.8M : The Greater Toronto Area - or GTA - is home to some 5.8 million people in the central city of Toronto and in the four municipalities of Durham, York, Peel and Halton that surround it. Just Toronto itself has 9,250 different streets, 31,160 street intersections and 2,231 traffic control signals over 5,617 km of road.
- 2.5M Daily Commuters Drive : As the largest CMA (Census Metropolitan Area) in Canada, the Greater Toronto Area has a lot of cars. While Canadian car and truck ownership averages 86 percent, not all of Toronto's 2.5 million daily commuters drive. But most do.
- Most Drivers Don't Have Passengers : Two out of three trips into and out of Toronto is by single occupant vehicle.
- Busiest Highway In North America : The segment of Highway 401 that passes through Toronto is the busiest highway in North America and one of the widest and busiest in the world, with AADT (Average Annual Daily Traffic) exceeding 400,000 vehicles in some sections. That's a whole lot of cars and trucks.
What the above facts help illustrate is that, quite simply, Toronto is a big, busy city with lots of cars on the road. This translates to lots of driving and lots of traffic congestion, which can lead to accidents - especially multi-vehicle accidents. Factor in pedestrians, cyclists, and public transportation (TTC), and there is no shortage of things that drivers need to pay attention to when behind the wheel.
Toronto Car Insurance FAQs
Here are some frequently asked questions we receive about Toronto car insurance:
If you want cheap monthly car insurance premiums, it’s important to compare quotes and coverage options. Compare quotes when your policy is up for renewal, when you make changes to your policy and when your vehicle, or driving status, changes.
This will put you in the best position to lower Toronto car insurance costs.
Auto insurance in Toronto is expensive compared to other cities in the province. Why? There is greater risk. There are more drivers, more traffic congestion, more accidents, and auto theft rates are higher. This means there are more auto insurance claims. Since you are more likely to file a claim, rates are adjusted accordingly by insurers.
Based on the annual average cost of Toronto car insurance, $2,071 annually, drivers can expect to pay $172.58 per month in Toronto for car insurance. Rates will vary based on your specific insurance policy needs, driving history and other factors. Some insurers offer discounts and cost savings if you pay your policy in full annually.
Two of the biggest factors impacting the high cost of auto insurance in Toronto are insurance fraud and the increasing cost of insurance claims. These factors impact rates in addition to factors you can control – the car your drive, how much you drive, among others.
Auto insurance rates are based on risk factors. More risk in a particular area the higher the cost of car insurance. Toronto is considered to be a high risk area because of the traffic volume, number of cars, and accident rates.
One way insurance may be available through certain car insurance providers in Toronto. Speak with our insurance experts to explore your options.
Car insurance in downtown Toronto can be expensive, but it is not as expensive as other areas in the GTA. Your neighborhood and postal code, and where you live in the downtown area will affect your rates. Compare quotes to get an accurate estimate for car insurance in downtown Toronto.