Get A Toronto Car Insurance Quote And You Could Save $500 Or More!
ThinkInsure helps drivers save by comparing cheap Toronto car insurance quotes from the leading insurance providers. Our insurance professionals provide expert savings advice and can get the lowest rates to help our customers save on their car insurance.
- Savings : We can save you money on Toronto car insurance. We'll get you quotes from the top providers. Our customers get the cheapest rates and save hundreds each year.
- Large Choice And Selection : We give you lots of choice from the top providers. You can compare quotes and choose the best option for your insurance needs.
- Dedicated Customer Service : We'll quickly get you coverage and provide top level customer service. We value your business. Our team of dedicated service experts will go the extra-mile to meet all your Toronto insurance needs.
- It's Easy : It's simple to get your auto insurance with ThinkInsure. We'll find you the best rates and coverage and be there when you need us most. Such as policy changes, insurance questions or if you get into an accident.
Compare car insurance quotes online now and start saving. You can also call toll-free 1-855-550-5515 and we'll be happy to compare quotes in Toronto for you.
Looking For Cheap Toronto Car Insurance?
We Help Toronto Drivers Get Auto Insurance And Save Money!
Want to save on car insurance? Want the cheapest rates in Toronto? We all want to save on auto insurance in Toronto. Whether you drive a car, truck, SUV or any other type of vehicle, saving on insurance is important.
With Toronto car insurance rates some of the highest in Canada, finding ways to reduce prices and find low cost solutions is a must.
Rates are on the rise. Each time your policy is up for renewal is an opportunity to save money.
At ThinkInsure we can help you get cheapest auto insurance rates in Toronto while ensuring you get the coverage you need to be protected when driving throughout the GTA.
About Car Insurance In Toronto
Toronto is the largest city in Canada. It has close to 6 million residents across the Greater Toronto Area. It also has the most drivers, traffic, and is known for long commutes and highway driving. With so many vehicles on the roads daily and the increased risk of accidents, it’s imperative you have a good policy and coverage.
You never know what could happen when commuting on the 401, 427, Gardiner Expressway or DVP. Busy parking lots, vehicle theft and insurance fraud are all additional concerns Toronto drivers have. They are also contributing factors to why insurance rates in Toronto are so expensive.
Want to get the cheapest auto insurance rates in Toronto? It’s easier than you think. Simply work with a ThinkInsure insurance expert to compare save on your insurance. We’ll find you the most competitive prices.
How To Get A Cheap Car Insurance Quote In Toronto
Simply enter your basic information online and we will compare the cheapest Toronto car insurance quotes for you. Then just make your choice from the best rates and get the best value.
Don't be left wondering if the quote you're getting is the lowest rate. If you reside in Toronto and you're looking for the best coverage at a low price, we will find what you're looking for.
To get an accurate quote it is helpful for you to have the following :
- Your drivers license
- Your vehicle information
Compare auto insurance quotes in a couple of quick and simple steps :
Start Your Quote
Start your car insurance quote.Start
Tell Us About Yourself And Vehicle
Provide us with some basic personal, driving and vehicle information.
Compare Cheapest Quotes
Compare the lowest quotes from the top insurance providers.
Choose The Best Policy
Choose the best rate and coverage. Confirm the details with our experts and purchase your policy.
Call A Toronto Car Insurance Expert
Call our car insurance experts to directly to compare quotes. Get savings advice and find additional insurance discounts. We’ll help you save more and get the coverage you need. It's free and only takes a few minutes - 1-855-550-5515.
What Are The Best Tips To Get Cheap Auto Insurance In Toronto?
Here are some helpful tips to help you get cheap auto insurance quotes in Toronto :
Shop And Compare Rates
There are lots of insurance providers in Toronto. This means you have more options than you think. Our experts can help you get quotes from multiple insurers so you can more effectively compare your options. Shopping around allows you to assess you coverage needs and shop based on price and value.
Bundle Your Insurance Coverage
Rent or own a home or condo in Toronto? Bundle all your insurance coverage into a single policy. You will automatically qualify for an insurance discount and lower your insurance rates.
Review Your Policy
Review your policy when getting your annual auto insurance quote. Renewal time is the perfect opportunity to look for new ways to save money, update your information or adjust your coverage. Speak with us about how you can get cheaper rates.
Things change, including the types of discounts you qualify for. Always ask about available discounts for additional cost savings. You never know when a new savings opportunity will present itself.
Use Winter Tires
Winter road conditions in Toronto can be challenging and dangerous. Improve safety, give yourself peace of mind and save on auto insurance rates by simply using winter tires. Use winter tires to immediately quality for a winter tire discount.
Complete Driving School
Completing driver training will help you get a good start to your record as an insured driver. It will help you lower your rates and save.
Increase Your Deductible
If you can afford to do so, increase your deductive to lower your insurance rates. The more you increase your deductible, the more you will save on your premiums.
Compare Toronto Car Insurance Quotes Online
Get started below to save on your car insurance.
- Compare multiple quotes from the top providers
- We save our customers hundreds everyday
- It's quick, easy and free
Savings Tip - Call UsCall to get additional discounts and expert savings advice. A quick call could save you a lot more!
How Much Is Car Insurance In Toronto?
This is a question that all Toronto drivers want to know the answer to. In most cases the answer will be “too much”. It’s no secret that Toronto has some of the highest car insurance rates in all of Ontario. Unfortunately, since you live in the Greater Toronto Area, you can already to expect to pay more than other Ontario drivers simply because of where you live.
However, by putting time and effort into controlling other factors that impact your insurance rates, you can get the lowest car insurance in Toronto for your situation. Our experts can help you get coverage that is budget friendly.
What Is The Average Cost Of Car Insurance In Toronto?
People want to know the average cost of car insurance because they want to see where their rates fall within the spectrum. Are you paying more or less than than other Toronto drivers? And by how much?
So, what does average auto insurance in Toronto look like? As you would expect, it is higher than the Ontario provincial average, but it’s not the highest in the province. The average annual cost of car insurance in Toronto is $2,071. This works out to about $172.58 per month.
Is It Possible To Get Cheap Insurance In Toronto?
Amid the high insurance costs and rate increases, it is still possible for drivers to get cheap insurance in Toronto. You just need to be diligent and compare quotes. Comparing quotes makes it more likely you’ll find low cost auto insurance coverage and get better value.
When you choose ThinkInsure, you open the door to more auto insurance coverage options and more savings opportunities. We’ll help you reduce your rates and get affordable quotes.
How Do I Get The Best Car Insurance In Toronto?
We know that you want to get the best car insurance rates and coverage. It all depends on your current situation, driving and insurance needs. For some people, the best car insurance is based on getting the cheapest car insurance rates.
For others, it’s about getting specific coverage or having access to a Toronto insurance broker that provide great customer service.
Think about what is most important to you. This will help you determine what is the best car insurance in Toronto. We can help you find a policy that meets your criteria for price and coverage.
Why Are Auto Insurance Rates Higher In Toronto?
- There are more cars on the road.
- There is more traffic compared to other major cities.
- Accidents are more frequent and likely to occur.
- There is a greater risk of car theft and vehicle break-ins.
- There are more instances of insurance fraud.
All of these factors add up to an increased level of risk for insurers, meaning higher rates for drivers in Toronto and across the GTA.
We understand this is not an ideal situation. The good news is there is something you can do about it. Shop around and get Toronto car insurance quotes.
To get started, all you need to do is enter some basic information into our online car insurance quote tool and we will quickly compare multiple quotes for you. Then you can make your choice from the cheapest rates in Ontario.
You can also call toll free 1-855-550-5515 and one of our licensed experts will be happy to help you.
Our 5 Star Customer Reviews
ThinkInsure is a leading provider of car insurance coverage. We take pride in helping hundreds of Toronto drivers get the best car insurance savings and coverage every month. Check out what some of our many satisfied customers have to say on Google.
Use A Toronto Car Insurance Calculator
One of the ways you can find out the cost of auto insurance in Toronto is to use a car insurance calculator. Online calculators make it easy for you to fill out your information so you can assess your coverage and cost options.
You'll get a sense of the average Toronto rates you can expect to pay, based on the information you provided. They are definitely a great resource when shopping for car insurance.
Check out the ThinkInsure Toronto Car Insurance Calculator.
Car Insurance In Toronto For New Drivers
We get a lot of questions about how to get car insurance for first time drivers. Getting coverage for new young drivers in Toronto can be somewhat of a challenge. As a new driver you don't have much driving experience or history.
So you will likely pay higher rates compared to more experienced Toronto drivers. But, that’s okay. We can help new drivers find low auto insurance rates in Toronto.
Also by living in Toronto, you reside in an area that has some of the highest insurance rates in Ontario and all of Canada. So if you want to save make sure you do your homework, compare quotes, attend driving school, and work with an insurance expert.
If you want to save in Toronto and across the GTA, even if you are a new driver, call us toll-free 1-855-550-5515 and they will help find you the best quotes and coverage for your needs.
Driving In Toronto Has It's Challenges And Impact On Insurance
Toronto is Canada’s largest city, the 4th largest in North America, and it also serves as the capital of Ontario. It is home to some of the busiest highways, traffic congestion, and challenging driving conditions. This makes it extremely important to have dependable car insurance coverage.
With thousands of vehicles, cyclists, pedestrians, and no shortage of other things you have to navigate during your daily commute, sometimes being a good and save driver isn’t enough.
You never know when you could find yourself in a fender bender, but when you have dependable car insurance from Toronto’s best provider, you can take a deep breath and rest assured that you are covered if something happens.
We Have Car Insurance For All Types Of Toronto Drivers
For those with a great driving record and even those with the not-so-great driving record, we can give you the best rates available. We can get affordable coverage young drivers or new drivers. If you are considered a high risk driver we specialize in high risk auto insurance.
We work with the top insurance providers in Toronto, so we can get all types of drivers the best coverage for their needs. Regardless of your driving situation, we can help you :
- Do you have a long commute each day?
- Do you only drive occasionally?
- Do you drive an older vehicle?
- Are you a student or first time driver?
- Do you have multiple drivers on your insurance coverage?
- Do you need coverage for multiple vehicles?
Toronto Car Insurance For All Neighborhoods
We can even help you explore options for the Toronto neighborhood where you live :
- Old Toronto : Notable neighborhoods include the downtown core, Harbourfront, The Beaches, Midtown, East Danforth, Yorkville, Casa Loma, Bloor West Village, Liberty Village
- North York : Don Mills, Downsview, Hillcrest Village, North York Centre, Parkwoods, Uptown Toronto, York Mills
- Scarborough : Cliffside, Eglinton East, Golden Mile, Morningside, Port Union, Scarborough City Centre, Steeles, Wexford
- Etobicoke : Centennial Park, The Kingsway, Mimico, Rexdale, Islington City Centre West
- York : Eglinton West, Oakwood-Vaughan, Old Mill, Weston
- East York : Broadview, Pape Village, Danforth, Leaside, Woodbine Heights
Quotes And Coverage From The Top Toronto Car Insurance Providers
One of the main advantages getting a policy with us for car insurance is choice. With ThinkInsure, you can compare quotes from 20+ providers in Toronto. With our large selection you can be sure to get the best rates and coverage for your needs.
The insurance partners we work with have many different car insurance discounts and our experts will quickly find the best ones that you qualify for to help you save.
There are also savings discounts of up 30% when you bundle different types of coverage such as home and auto insurance. So it pays to bundle your coverage with the same provider.
Some of the providers we work with include :
- Aviva : Aviva provides an extensive list of options, including accident forgiveness, temporary vehicle replacement coverage, a disappearing deductible and much more.
- Intact : Intact offers coverage for all types of vehicles, including cars, RVs, motorcycles and more.
- Wawanesa : As one of the biggest brands in Canada, you can expect great coverage options, flexible payment options and simple claims processing.
- Travelers : Get coverage for all types of vehicles and take advantage of a variety of car insurance discounts with Travelers.
See our full list of insurance companies that we can get you coverage with to serve you best.
How Do You Save On Toronto Auto Insurance?
Whether you are a seasoned Toronto driver or a tourist visiting the city, here are some very helpful tips to help you save on auto insurance. We included some extra driving and savings tips for navigating the streets and highways that make up Toronto’s infrastructure :
- Stay Alert When Driving : There are many potential dangers on Toronto roads. Remain alert at all times and watch out for pedestrians, cyclists, taxies, and other vehicles.
- Avoid Rush Hour Traffic When Possible : If possible, avoid the downtown core and major highways during peak driving times. Before and after work have the highest traffic volume and increase your chances of getting into an accident.
- Take Extra Time When Weather Is Bad : Give yourself plenty of time to get to your destination. Expect it will take you longer to drive when traffic is heavy and when driving conditions are poor. Check the traffic report before leaving.
- Expect Construction Delays : Expect construction delays when driving in Toronto. Check the traffic report before you depart to see where the construction delays are and how they are impacting traffic conditions.
- Know Your Route : Know where you are going. Use a GPS to provide you with directions, avoid congestion, and get to your destination. Also, be aware of alternative routes to avoid accidents and avoid traffic.
- Watch Out For One Way Streets : There are many one way streets in the city of Toronto. Always be conscious of them and consider them when planning your route.
- Pass Street Cars With Caution : When streetcars come to a stop and the doors are open, do not pass – pedestrians get on and off at all stops.
- Parking Is Expensive : Expect to pay premium prices for parking in the downtown core – consider parking at a commuter lot and taking the subway or go train into town.
- Gas Up Before You Go Downtown : Fill up on gas before you head downtown – gas stations there are more expensive and are less common.
- Watch Out For Wildlife : Watch out for wildlife when driving on the highway – especially during the spring and fall. Pay particular attention when traveling north of the city.
- Park Your Car In A Garage Or Private Driveway : You will get additional discounts if you park your vehicle in a garage or private driveway. This will help reduce the odds of vehicle theft, vandalism, or break-ins.
- Drive Insurance Friendly Cars : The type of car you drive matters. When shopping for a vehicle, look for vehicles that are insurance friendly (safe, reliable, not commonly stolen). These vehicles have more affordable insurance rates.
These tips are a great refresher for Toronto drivers and provide new drivers to the city with some things to think about when driving in the Greater Toronto Area.
Tickets, Theft And Fraud Effect Toronto Car Insurance Rates
Each one of these factors contribute to insurers providing different car insurance quotes depending on the specific algorithms they use to determine their rates – meaning some rates are higher and some lower than others.
- More traffic tickets and violations.
- An increase in the risk of auto theft.
- Increased instances of fraud.
Make sure you get the best car insurance rates in Toronto by choosing ThinkInsure. We will shop and compare to get you the best price and policy. Our licensed experts will make the entire process of buying car insurance easy.
Toronto Traffic And Car Insurance
Driving in Toronto is unlike anywhere else in Ontario. All of the province’s major highways pass through the region.
- Population Of 5.8M : The Greater Toronto Area - or GTA - is home to some 5.8 million people in the central city of Toronto and in the four municipalities of Durham, York, Peel and Halton that surround it. Just Toronto itself has 9,250 different streets, 31,160 street intersections and 2,231 traffic control signals over 5,617 km of road.
- 2.5M Daily Commuters Drive : As the largest CMA (Census Metropolitan Area) in Canada, the Greater Toronto Area has a lot of cars. While Canadian car and truck ownership averages 86 percent, not all of Toronto's 2.5 million daily commuters drive. But most do.
- Most Drivers Don't Have Passengers : Two out of three trips into and out of Toronto is by single occupant vehicle.
- Busiest Highway In North America : The segment of Highway 401 that passes through Toronto is the busiest highway in North America and one of the widest and busiest in the world, with AADT (Average Annual Daily Traffic) exceeding 400,000 vehicles in some sections. That's a whole lot of cars and trucks.
What the above facts help illustrate is that, quite simply, Toronto is a big, busy city with lots of cars on the road. This translates to lots of driving and lots of traffic congestion, which can lead to accidents - especially multi-vehicle accidents. Factor in pedestrians, cyclists, and public transportation (TTC), and there is no shortage of things that drivers need to pay attention to when behind the wheel.
Toronto Car Insurance FAQs
Here are some frequently asked questions we receive about Toronto car insurance :
Toronto has some of the highest car insurance rates in the country. The cost to insure a car varies from driver to driver. The average car insurance premium in Toronto is more than $2,000 annually. You may pay less, you may pay more depending on your situation.
There are many factors that can affect your insurance rates. Your neighborhood, the vehicle you drive, driving habits, and driving record and claims history all impact your insurance rates. Getting an auto insurance quote is the best way to get an accurate estimate of your rates.
If you want cheap monthly car insurance premiums, it’s important to compare quotes and coverage options. Compare quotes when your policy is up for renewal, when you make changes to your policy and when your vehicle, or driving status, changes.
This will put you in the best position to lower Toronto car insurance costs.
Auto insurance in Toronto is expensive compared to other cities in the province. Why? There is greater risk. There are more drivers, more traffic congestion, more accidents, and auto theft rates are higher. This means there are more auto insurance claims. Since you are more likely to file a claim, rates are adjusted accordingly by insurers.
We know Toronto drivers are always looking for ways to save on car insurance. There are many ways you can reduce your car insurance premiums. Perhaps the most important thing you can do is get a car insurance quote each time your policy is up for renewal. Each year is an opportunity for you to save money.
Other ways to lower your premiums include :
- Increase your deductible
- Ensure you have the right amount of coverage
- Inquire about insurance discounts
- Combine home and car insurance policies
- Compare quotes annually
Based on the annual average cost of Toronto car insurance, $2,071 annually, drivers can expect to pay $172.58 per month in Toronto for car insurance. Rates will vary based on your specific insurance policy needs, driving history and other factors. Some insurers offer discounts and cost savings if you pay your policy in full annually.
Working with an experienced Toronto auto insurance professional is your best option to compare car insurance quotes. They have access to coverage and quotes from multiple insurance providers.
Two of the biggest factors impacting the high cost of auto insurance in Toronto are insurance fraud and the increasing cost of insurance claims. These factors impact rates in addition to factors you can control – the car your drive, how much you drive, among others.
Auto insurance rates are based on risk factors. More risk in a particular area the higher the cost of car insurance. Toronto is considered to be a high risk area because of the traffic volume, number of cars, and accident rates.
There is no one insurance provider that offers the cheapest rates. With so many factors to consider, if you want to get the cheapest car insurance in Toronto for your situation, you need to shop around and compare rates with multiple insurers.
One way insurance may be available through certain car insurance providers in Toronto. Speak with our insurance experts to explore your options.
Yes, it is possible to get temporary car insurance in Toronto. However, not all insurers offer this type of short term car insurance.
Car insurance agents work for direct insurers. Therefore, they are limited in the number of car insurance options they can offer you. They can't offer you quotes and coverage from multiple provider to give you choice.
Car insurance in downtown Toronto can be expensive, but it is not as expensive as other areas in the GTA. Your neighborhood and postal code, and where you live in the downtown area will affect your rates. Compare quotes to get an accurate estimate for car insurance in downtown Toronto.
Toronto Car Insurance News
Other Popular Car Insurance Articles
Here are some of our most popular articles.
We Have All Your Toronto Insurance Needs Covered
At ThinkInsure, we are your best option for all your Toronto insurance needs. Here are some other resources and links :
Need Auto Insurance In A Different City Or Province?
See below for other regions where whe can get you auto insurance. Since we work with so many insurance partners you'll be able to compare multiple quotes for your region and get the lowest rate.
Alberta Ontario Barrie Belleville Brampton Brantford Burlington Calgary Cambridge Edmonton Etobicoke Fort McMurray Grande Prairie Guelph Hamilton Kingston Kitchener-Waterloo Lethbridge London Markham Medicine Hat Mississauga Newmarket North Bay Peterborough Red Deer Richmond Hill Oakville Oshawa Ottawa Sault Ste Marie Scarborough St. Catharines Sudbury Thunder Bay Toronto Vaughan Windsor
Save With The Best Insurance Providers In Toronto
With over 40 insurance partners we can compare insurance quotes to save you money. Here some of the insurers we work with :Aviva BMO Insurance Chieftain Chubb Coachman Commonwell Mutual Desjardins Insurance Economical Echelon Hagerty Intact Jevco Pafco Pembridge Perth Insurance Premier Marine RBC Insurance SGI Canada Travelers Unica Wawanesa
Learn more about the insurance companies that we work with.
Get A Cheaper Toronto Car Insurance Quote Anytime
Like all other drivers, we’re sure you want to get cheap car insurance in Toronto. We can help you get the best prices and lowest rates. All you need to do is take 2 minutes to compare quotes with us.