Make Sure Your Covered With Trip Cancellation Insurance
A lot can happen between the time you book your trip and when you actually depart. Trip cancellation insurance protects your financial investment in your trip should you need to cancel before your departure date or cut your trip short.
ThinkInsure will help you find affordable trip cancellation coverage and ensure all your travel needs are covered the minute you book your trip.
Trip interruption insurance helps protect your trip investment from trip cancellations and interruptions. Investing in this form of travel insurance provides you with :
- Peace Of Mind : Things can change in a very short period of time, and if you need to cancel your trip due to unforeseen circumstances, you will have peace of mind in knowing you will be reimbursed for the value of your trip.
- Financial Protection : Protect the investment in your trip and don’t get left with the bill if your travel plans change or are interrupted.
- Affordable Rates : Compare your trip cancellation policy options with 14 providers, ensuring you get the coverage you need and at rates that fit within your budget.
- Cancellation And Interruptions Happen : Trip interruptions or cancellations could arise for many reasons. Trip cancellation insurance from ensures you are covered if something happens.
Why Do You Need Trip Cancellation Insurance?
While it’s not something you tend to think about when booking your dream vacation, summer road trip, or next business trip, there are many unforeseen circumstances that could pop up in between the time you book a trip and the time you actually depart for your trip that could prevent you from travelling.
Most travelers, in an effort to secure a deal or secure their vacation plans, book trips weeks and even months in advance. A lot can happen during this time. Whether you or a family member become ill, you get injured, your financial situation changes or other unforeseen circumstances arise, you may need to cancel your trip.
However, a trip cancellation often causes you to lose the money you prepaid for non-refundable travel arrangements or force you to pay expensive cancellation fees.
What Is Trip Cancellation Insurance?
Trip cancellation insurance protects your investment in your trip and reimburses travelers for the amount they have paid for the trip if they are forced to cancel due to unforeseen circumstances.
“This is the most usable and worthwhile kind of insurance. It’s expensive to cancel or interrupt any prepaid kind of travel, and for a fraction of the trip cost, you can alleviate the risk of losing money if something unforeseen gets in the way,” says travel expert Rick Steves.
Having this policy included in allows you to book a trip in advance, pay deposits and other fees upfront without having to worry about losing your investment in your trip should something prevent you from travelling in the future.
“If you’re paying out a lot of up-front money for an organized tour (which is expensive to cancel), if you have questionable health, or if you have a loved one at home in poor health, it’s probably a good idea to get this coverage,” Steves adds.
Top Reasons You May Need Trip Cancellation Insurance
Travelers are forced to cancel their travel plans all the time. Here are some of the most frequent reasons why they are forced to cancel :
- You become ill
- You have an injury that prevents you from travelling
- You are laid off
- The airline or tour company goes out of business and can’t fulfill their services
- While travelling, a family member gets sick or passes away
- Missed, cancelled or delayed flight
- You require an emergency flight home because of severe weather, political issues, natural disaster, strike, or other events that are outside of your control.
What Are The Main Types Of Trip Cancellation Insurance?
There are two main types of trip cancellation insurance that you can get :
- Trip Cancellation Insurance : This provides you with coverage from the date of purchase until the date you leave for your trip. If your trip is cancelled for unforeseen circumstances, this will cover your non-refundable travel fees that have been paid.
- Trip Interruption Insurance : This provides you with protection while you travelling. If you experience an unexpected event that interrupts your trip, it will cover the costs for you to travel home and reimburse the unused portion of your trip.
Tips For Shopping For Trip Cancellation Insurance
Here are some tips for shopping for trip cancellation and interruption insurance :
- Purchase it right away : As soon as you book your trip, purchase your trip cancellation and interruption insurance. This ensures you are covered for unforeseen events immediately, leading up to and during your trip.
- Shop around : The cost will depend on your age and the details of your trip. Use ThinkInsure to shop around and compare quotes with multiple companies.
- File a claim immediately : If for any reason you need to file a claim, you should call your advisor immediately to file a claim and get assistance.
- Consider a 'cancel for any reason' option : : This is a comprehensive form of trip cancellation insurance offered by some insurers that allows you to cancel your trip for any reason – not just acceptable reasons that are listed in your policy. This will provide you with maximum trip cancellation insurance for your trip.