Home Insurance In Alberta – Compare Cheap Quotes And Save
Our Brokers Can Help You Save On Alberta House Insurance
Shopping for home insurance in Alberta? Looking to compare Alberta home insurance quotes? Brokers at ThinkInsure help thousands of customers find the best home insurance coverage at the cheapest rates.
We’ll help you find house insurance that will protect your property and personal belongings. We help you find solutions that give you peace of mind.
Our Insurance Brokers Can Help You Save On House Insurance In Alberta
ThinkInsure is a top Alberta insurance broker. Residents across the province choose us for house insurance coverage because we offer :
- The cheapest home insurance quotes : Our home insurance brokers help you get cheap quotes from the best home insurance companies.
- Coverage for all types of home insurance : We offer coverage for houses, condos, cottages, mobile homes, seasonal homes, renters, tenants.
- Simple house insurance solutions : We simplify the home insurance quote process. You get a dedicated personal service representative. They take care of all your insurance needs.
- Expert Alberta insurance brokers : Our brokers are highly trained. We know how to help you save money. We provide you with expert home insurance advice and assistance.
Learn more about the reasons to choose ThinkInsure to be your Alberta home insurance broker.
Compare home insurance quotes online OR call us toll-free at 1-855-550-5515 and a ThinkInsure home insurance expert will be happy to help you.
Is Home Insurance Coverage Mandatory In Alberta?
No. Home insurance in Alberta is not mandatory, but it is strongly recommended. There are too many threats to your home not to have coverage. Without home insurance, you are putting your personal finances at risk. Plus, banks and other mortgage lenders will not give you a loan without proof of homeowners insurance in Alberta.
How Much Home Insurance Coverage Do I Need In Alberta?
As a general rule, you should have enough insurance to cover the cost of rebuilding your home. Most mortgage lenders require you to be insured for at least the amount of your mortgage.
You should also insure your property against loss or injury. Liability and contents insurance is recommended.
Are You A Tenant? Protect Yourself With Renters Insurance In Alberta
Our brokers provide expert service to renters in Alberta. We will help you get cheap renters insurance quotes in Alberta. We help you save money and protect your personal belongings. Renters insurance is more affordable than you think.
Renters insurance is your main source of protection against loss. Whether you rent a room or an apartment, it covers what your landlord’s insurance doesn’t. Get protection for :
- Personal belongings
- Costs after a loss
- Protection against lawsuit
Compare Alberta Home Insurance Quotes Online
- Compare quotes from the top Alberta home insurance companies.
- You could save $300 or more!
- It's quick, easy and free.
Savings Tip - Call UsCall to get additional home insurance discounts and expert savings advice. A quick call could save you a lot more!
What Is The Average Home Insurance Cost In Alberta?
The average annual home insurance premium in Alberta varies based on many factors – location, home size, features, and more. Homeowners in Alberta can expect to pay in the $800-1,200 range per year.
Get Alberta home insurance quotes for an accurate range of home insurance costs.
Types Of Alberta Home Insurance Coverage
At ThinkInsure, we offer property insurance for all types of homes:
Alberta House Insurance
Whether you own a townhouse, duplex, or single family home, our brokers can help you get affordable home insurance coverage to protect your investment. We’ll help you get the best rates and coverage.
Mobile Home Insurance In Alberta
Mobile home insurance provides you with the financial protection you need. It protects you against disasters such as fires, storms, and many other threats. It provides coverage for your mobile home and personal belongings.
Condo Insurance In Alberta
Live in a condo? Our brokers can help you get cheap condo insurance quotes in Alberta. We help you get the coverage you need to protect your home and personal belongings.
Cottage And Recreational Property Coverage
Own a cottage in Alberta? Have a seasonal home in the mountains? Our brokers can help you find the cheapest quotes for your cottage, vacation home, or seasonal home.
Rental Property Insurance In Alberta
Are you a landlord? Own rental property? Our brokers can help you find cheap landlord insurance for your rental property. We help you find the best rates for rental properties in Alberta.
Commercial Property Insurance In Alberta
Our brokers can help you protect your business property with commercial property insurance coverage. We are commercial property insurance experts. We’ll help you get cheap business property quotes.
Save More With The Best Home And Auto Insurance In Alberta
At ThinkInsure, we take pride in offering the best car and home insurance in Alberta. The best way to save is to combine home and auto insurance coverage into one policy.
If you are shopping for car insurance in Alberta, get a quote for home and auto insurance with us. You’ll qualify for an insurance discount. Plus, we’ll help you get cheap home and auto insurance quotes in Alberta.
What Does Home Insurance In Alberta Cover?
Your home insurance policy provides you with protection and coverage for:
- Damage to your home : Your policy will cover your home structure and detached structures on your property (garages, shed, deck).
- Loss or damage of personal property: Your policy provides coverage for all personal belongings within your home and on your property.
- Legal liability : Your policy protects you against lawsuits from personal actions and injury on your property.
- Additional living expenses : Your policy provides you with coverage for living expenses if your home is severely damaged and unfit to live in.
Your home insurance policy may also provide you with coverage for identity fraud, home business, and collectibles. Additional coverage endorsements can be added to provide specific types of coverage.
Factors That Impact House Insurance Cost In Alberta
Here are the common factors used by Alberta insurance companies to determine house insurance costs :
- Coverage limits : The types of coverage include in your policy.
- Location : Even with the same home, your cost may vary if you live in Calgary rather than Edmonton.
- Home replacement cost : The size and contents of your home.
- Crime rate : The crime rate in your neighborhood is considered by Alberta insurance companies.
- Age of home : Age and overall condition of your home and roof.
- Home insurance claims : Do you have a history of insurance claims?
- Home insurance deductible : The lower the deductible, the lower the home insurance rates.
- Security : Fire safeguards, deadbolts, security systems.
- Home systems : Type of plumbing, wiring, heating and cooling systems.
- Other uses : Do you operate a home-based business? Have a rental unit?
How Does Home Insurance Protect My Home?
Home insurance ensures you are financially protected in the event of a disaster or other event. Here are some of the perils that may be covered under your Alberta home insurance policy :
- Fire and explosion
- Water damage
- Falling objects
- Windstorms, lightning, hail
Speak with our insurance brokers to learn more about the perils included in your home insurance policy.
How Do I Get The Cheapest Home Insurance In Alberta?
Getting cheap home insurance in Alberta is not as complicated as you think. Here are a number of simple ways to get the cheapest home insurance premiums :
- Compare home insurance quotes : Alberta brokers can help you compare home insurance quotes from multiple insurance providers.
- Review your insurance coverage annually : Ensure you have the right amount of home insurance coverage.
- Invest in home security : Investing in home security will qualify you for home insurance discounts.
- Stay claims free : Having a claims free home insurance record will help lower insurance costs.
- Increase your home insurance deductible : Increasing your home insurance deductible will lower your insurance rates.
- Ask about home insurance discounts : Asking your insurance provider about available discounts could qualify you for lower home insurance premiums.
Speak with our home insurance brokers in Alberta to learn more about how to save on house insurance premiums.
Affordable Tenant Insurance In Alberta
If you rent an apartment, condo, basement unit, or a room, tenant insurance in Alberta can protect you and your personal possessions. Here are some of the common questions our brokers receive about renters insurance :
What Is The Average Cost Of Tenant Insurance In Alberta?
Tenant insurance costs are more affordable than most realize. The average cost of tenant insurance in Alberta is about $25 per month, or about $300 per year.
How Much Is Tenant Insurance In Alberta?
The cost for tenant insurance is lower than home insurance. While the monthly cost of tenant insurance in Alberta will vary based on many factors, you can expect to pay about $25 per month.
How Do I Get The Cheapest Tenant Insurance In Alberta?
Comparing tenant insurance quotes with a broker is the most effective way to get the cheapest rates.
Is Tenant Insurance Mandatory In Alberta?
No. Tenant insurance in not mandatory. However, it is recommended. It’s low cost insurance coverage and gives you peace of mind in knowing you are covered should anything happen.
Get A Tenant Insurance Quote Today!
Do you rent? Protect your personal belongings by getting renters insurance. Contact our insurance brokers today to get a tenant insurance quote.
Get Quotes From Top Alberta Home Insurance Companies
At ThinkInsure, we have partnered with the best home insurance companies in Alberta. This provides you with home insurance options. It also allows us to provide you with the best home insurance quotes.
We use the best home insurance companies in Canada to help you save. Some of our partnering insurance companies include Aviva Canada, Economical Insurance, Intact Insurance, RSA, Travelers, and many more!
Use An Alberta Home Insurance Calculator To Save
A home insurance calculator is effective for helping Alberta homeowners compare insurance quotes. With an Alberta home insurance increase always possible, it’s important to be diligent.
Using a home insurance calculator and working with a house insurance broker help you make the best insurance decisions for your situation.
Most importantly, they can help you save money on home insurance premiums. Get an insurance estimate for your house, condo, mobile home, cottage, and more.
Alberta Home Insurance Coverage In All Regions
Our Alberta insurance brokers can help you get home insurance coverage no matter where you live in the province:
Home Insurance In Calgary
Where you live can have an impact on your home insurance in Calgary. No matter where you live in Calgary, we can help you get the cheapest rates for home insurance.
Home Insurance In Edmonton
Whether you need coverage for a house, condo, or rental property, our brokers can help you get cheap home insurance in Edmonton.
Alberta Home Insurance For All Cities
We help residents get affordable home insurance coverage in all Alberta cities, including :
- Red Deer
- Fort McMurray
- St. Albert
- Medicine Hat
- Grande Prairie
- All other Alberta towns and regions
Alberta Home Insurance Tips
- Get a quote annually : A lot can change in a year. Get a home insurance quote annually to take advantage of potential cost savings.
- Inform your insurance provider of changes : Complete a renovation project? Change something about your home? Update your insurance coverage to reflect the change.
- Only file claims when necessary : Avoid making too many small claims. It could increase your home insurance rates.
- Pay your premiums annually : If possible, pay your home insurance premiums upfront each year. You will qualify for a discounted rate.
- Work with an Alberta broker : Brokers work for you. You will get expert advice so you can make educated and informed insurance decisions.
Save With A Home Insurance Quote In Alberta
Buying your first home? Is it time to renew your home insurance policy? Getting an Alberta home insurance quote can help you compare options and save money. Work with a ThinkInsure home insurance broker to get cheap rates today!