We Help Scarborough Homeowners Save On Insurance
Home insurance in Scarborough is a valuable form of protection. Your home is one of the biggest investments you’ll make in your lifetime. You need the right coverage to protect your home, your family, and your personal belongings.
Our insurance experts can help you find the coverage you need. Whether you are buying a house, renting an apartment, live in a condo, or its simply time to renew your policy, we can help.
Why Choose ThinkInsure To Compare Scarborough House Insurance Quotes
At ThinkInsure, we’ll help you find the best rates and coverage, quickly and easily. Helping you save is what we do best!
For over 45 years, we’ve helped homeowners just like you get the coverage you need to protect your property. Homeowners choose ThinkInsure because we can help you get the best rates, help you with all your house insurance coverage needs, and we have your best interests in mind at all times.
Experience the ThinkInsure advantage :
- Get Cheaper Rates :We’ve partnered with the top insurance companies to give you more options and help you get the cheapest home insurance rates.
- Comparing Quotes Is Simple : We make comparing home insurance quotes quick and easy. Compare quotes online or give us a call. It only takes a couple minutes, and its 100% FREE.
- Help With All Home Insurance Needs : We are your go to insurance expert for all your home insurance needs – quotes, advice, policy updates, renewals, claims, and much more. .
- Expert Advice And Service : We’re a customer focused company. We are your insurance advocate. You’ll be assigned a dedicated service professional to assist you with all your house insurance needs.
About Home Insurance In Scarborough
Scarborough is located in the south eastern part of the GTA. Just east of the Don Valley Parkway, along Lake Ontario and atop the Scarborough Bluffs, it’s one of the most populated regions in the province.
The city has 632, 098 residents (2016 census) and is home to a number of diverse and multicultural neighborhoods.
Regardless of where you live within Scarborough, we can help you get the home insurance you need. Getting the cheapest home insurance rates in Scarborough is only a call or click away.
What Is The Best Scarborough Home Insurance Coverage?
The type of home insurance you need in Scarborough depends on many factors including your home type and budget. Here are the main types of house insurance coverage :
- Comprehensive : This will cover you for all risks, except for risks that are specifically excluded.
- Basic or Named perils : This covers the risk specifically stated in your policy.
- Broad : This provides comprehensive coverage on the building and named perils coverage on contents.
- No Frills coverage : This is a basic type of coverage for homes that don’t meet standard coverage thresholds.
You can also add policy endorsements to customize your policy to meet your unique coverage needs. For example, many homeowners add additional water damage coverage to their policy.
What Does Scarborough Homeowners Insurance Cover?
Home insurance provides you with a number of types of coverage :
- Building structure : The cost to replace and repair damage to the structures on your property.
- Personal contents : Costs to replace damaged or lost personal belongings.
- Additional living expenses : If you are required to leave your home whiles its being repaired due to an insured loss.
- Personal liability : Legal coverage costs if someone gets injured on your property and sues.
How Much Does Home Insurance in Scarborough Cost ?
Home insurance costs in Scarborough vary from home to home. You could pay anywhere from $700 to $2000 or more annually for coverage.
The cost to rebuild your home, property value, contents, and risk factors all affect the cost to insure your home.
Compare quotes to get an accurate assessment of your house insurance costs.
Bundle Home And Auto Insurance in Scarborough Save More!
If you drive and own/rent a home combining your coverage makes sense. It will also save you money on both policies. Home and auto insurance bundles are an easy way to lower your insurance premiums.
Speak with our insurance experts today about your insurance bundle options.
Tips To Save On Scarborough Homeowners Insurance
We know you want to get the cheapest rates possible. Here are some simple tips to help you get the lowest rates :
- Invest in a home monitoring system
- Quit smoking
- Choose your location wisely
- Assess your coverage needs and adjust accordingly
- Increase your home insurance deductible
- Compare quotes when your policy is up for renewal
- Work with an insurance broker
Make sure you notify your insurer about these potentially cost saving steps. Contact us today to learn about more ways to save on home insurance.
About Living In Scarborough
Close access to highway 401 and other major routes make it ideal for residents to commute downtown. Even though prices have risen steadily over the past decade, home prices also tend to be more affordable in Scarborough compared to other areas in the GTA.
Homeowners can expect to pay, on average, about $650,000 or more for a home in the area. Renters can expect to pay an average of $1400 per month. Costs can vary based on your neighborhood and property type.
Does Your Location Impact Scarborough Home Insurance Rates?
Yes. Location is a big factor used to determine your rates. At ThinkInsure, we can help you compare home insurance quotes for all Scarborough neighborhoods :
- Bendale (Cedarbrae)
- Birch Cliff
- Birch Cliff Heights
- Brown's Corners (historical)
- Dorset Park
- Eglinton East
- Golden Mile
- Highland Creek
- Morningside Heights
- Port Union (Centennial Scarborough)
- Scarborough City Centre
- Scarborough Junction
- Scarborough Village
- Tam O'Shanter – Sullivan
- West Hill
- West Rouge
Scarborough Home Insurance FAQs
Learn more about home insurance in Scarborough. Take a look at these common questions:
While not legally required, home insurance provides you with important protection against common risks to your home and personal contents. Without insurance you would have to pay out of pocket for any damage caused to your home by storms, theft, vandalism, and other events.
Most home insurance policies will provide you with coverage for fire, lightning, wind, hail, water damage, falling objects, vehicle impact and other perils. Speak with your insurer about what is included in your policy.
No. Home insurance coverage is not mandatory. However, there are certain circumstances where home insurance is required, such as securing a mortgage.
The amount and type of coverage you need will depend on your home location, value, your personal contents, and many other factors. We can help you choose the right policy and coverage to meet your unique needs.
There is not one company that is the best. Your home insurance coverage needs will dictate this. Not all companies offer the same coverage. Compare quotes to find the best insurer for your needs.
The best way to find the cheapest home insurance provider is to compare quotes. We can help you compare quotes from the top home insurance companies to find the cheapest rates.