How does CAA Connect work?
CAA Connect is easy to use and how it works is simple. It is available to all drivers with a CAA policy. It customizes your insurance rates based on your driving habits. It assesses your:
- Time of day when you drive
The device collects this data and scores your driving habits. You can view your driving data through the app or online through the CAA Connect website. The device does not use your location, so you can drive anywhere in Canada. You can use your smartphone to connect to the device and monitor your scores and driving habits. You can also use the CAA Connect online portal to see your data.
Get the CAA Connect device and check your driving data
Once you have enrolled in the CAA connect program you just need to do a couple more things to get started:
1) Install the CAA Connect device
Installing CAA Connect into your vehicle is simple. Follow these steps:
- Sign up via CAA or by using a broker.
- You’ll receive a welcome package with your plan details.
- You’ll receive a device and installation instructions.
- Plug the device into your vehicle's OBDII port.
- Call to activate the device.
- The device will start to track your driving habits.
- Visit the CAA Connect login portal or app to check your driving data.
Access the CAA Connect online portal here.
2) Get the CAA Connect smartphone app
CAA Connect allows you to access the program on your smartphone using an app. It’s available on iPhone (App Store) and Android (Google Play). Here is how you get it:
- Search for CAA Connect in your app store.
- Download and install the app.
- Follow the installation instructions.
- Open the app.
- Sign up or log in.
- Add your insurance policy number.
- You can check your driving data and use other features.
How much does CAA Connect cost?
There is no fee to sign up for CAA Connect. You’ll save money just by enrolling. You’ll receive an instant 5% discount on your first year's premiums. Once you had a policy for a year, you are eligible for savings up to 15% based on your driving behaviours.