Save On Sports Car Insurance Coverage
Shopping for sports car insurance? If you drive or plan to buy a sports car, it very important to compare sports car insurance quotes to get the best rates. Sports cars are more expensive to insure, but that doesn’t mean you still can’t find ways to save.
Even though sports cars can cost a little more than the average vehicle to insure, At ThinkInsure, we can help you get the cheapest sports car insurance rates. We’ll ensure you find the best coverage and savings.
Get Cheap Sports Car Insurance Quotes
Compare Affordable Sports Car Insurance Quotes and Save
At ThinkInsure, we help all drivers get insurance coverage for all types of vehicles, including sports cars. Experience the ThinkInsure advantage :
- Get Coverage For All Types Of Sports Cars : We can help you compare sports car insurance quotes for all types of performance vehicles.
- Get Expert Advice About Insuring Your Sports Car : Our insurance experts will provide you with cost saving advice about insuring your sports car.
- Bundle Coverage For Even More Savings : We’ll help you bundle your policies to maximize insurance savings. Take advantage of multi car discounts.
- Compare Quotes To Get The Cheapest Rates : We’ll compare quotes from multiple insurers to find you the cheapest sports car insurance rates.
What Is Considered A Sports Car For Insurance Purposes?
From an insurance standpoint, there is a difference between a car for everyday use and a high performance car. There is not a universal definition of what is considered a sports car by insurers. How vehicles are classified varies from one insurer to another.
Sports Car Definition For Insurance
While there is not an industry agreed upon definition of a sports car, these vehicles tend to have these features :
- Two doors
- High performance components and features
- Light weight and low profile
- More horsepower than the average vehicle. V8 engine or more
- Higher price tag
How Much Does Sports Car Insurance Cost?
If you drive a sports car you can expect to pay higher insurance premiums. Sports cars, on average, cost more to insure than other vehicles such as cars, SUVs and trucks.
The cost of sports car insurance will vary from driver to driver. The make, model, year, features, and price will affect rates. Additionally, standard factors such as location, age, and driving history will also be factored in when calculating rates.
The best way to determine sports car insurance costs is to compare quotes.
Is It More Expensive To Insure A Sports Car?
Yes. It is typically more expensive to insure a sports car. Sports cars generally cost more to purchase and are more expensive to repair. These factors increase sports car insurance rates.
Can I Get Low Insurance For Sports Cars?
Yes. It is possible to get affordable insurance for sports cars. There are some sports cars with low insurance rates. The key to finding a low insurance is to shop around. Compare quotes and choose the right make, model, and year for the sports car you want to insure.
Our insurance experts can help you compare sports car insurance quotes and ensure you get the best price.
Sports Cars With Low Insurance
What Are The Best Sports Cars With Low Insurance?
If you are shopping for a sports car based on insurance cost, here are some of the best models to condisder :
- Mazda MX-5 Miata
- BMW Z4 Roadster
- Hyundai Genesis 2DR
- Dodge Challenger 2DR
- 2017 Subaru BRZ
- Audi TT
- FIAT 500S 2DR
- Ford Mustang GT
- Subaru WRX STI
- Nissan 370Z
Note : Vehicle features, make, model, year, and insurance coverage selected will all influence overall rates.
Read more about the cheapest cars to insure.
What Does Sports Car Insurance Cover?
Sports car insurance provides the same level of coverage as traditional car insurance. It covers everything you would get with another car insurance policy – collision and collision and comprehensive coverage, and liability coverage.
One of the main differences is coverage limits. Sports cars tend to need more coverage or higher limits because they have a higher price tag and the increased cost to repair.
How Much Is Sports Car Insurance For Under 21 Drivers?
We get a lot of questions about the cost of young driver such as how much is sports car insurance for under 25 drivers? Or how much is insurance for a teenager with a sports car?
The combination of driving a sports car and being a young driver or teenager will have a big impact on insurance rates. Expect to have expensive insurance rates. Sports cars and young drivers are two huge risk factors that increase car insurance rates.
How To Lower Insurance Costs For Sports Cars
Driving a sports car will increase your insurance rates. But, you can lower your sport car insurance rates by doing the following:
- Install an anti-theft device: Sports cars are a big target for thieves. Install an anti-theft device and take other steps, such as parking in a garage, to reduce car theft risks.
- Increase your deductible: Increasing your auto auto insurance deductible will lower your sports car insurance premiums.
- Stay accident and claims free: Being a safe and responsible driver is important. Staying claims, accident and ticket free and having a clean driving record will help keep your insurance costs down.
- Drive less: Use the car as an occasional or seasonal vehicle. You may qualify for a low kilometer discount.
- Wait until you are older: Waiting until you are over 25 will help reduce sports car insurance. If you are younger than 25, consider having a parent be listed as the primary driver to lower costs.
- Drive a used sports car: In general, used cars cost less to insure. Buying a used sports car will save you on the purchase price and insurance costs.
What Factors Affect Car Insurance For Sports Cars?
Here are the main factors that impact your premium:
- Price : Sports cars are often more expensive to purchase. This will increase insurance rates.
- Theft : Sports cars often appear on the most stolen list.
- Repair costs : Sports cars often have more expensive or imported replacement parts. This increase the overall repair costs if the vehicle was in an accident.
- Driver age : Sports cars are commonly driven by young men.
- Safety : Since sports cars are faster and lighter weight, and have fewer safety features than traditional vehicles, they are considered less safe. Speed is one of the most common causes of accidents.
Get The Cheapest Car Insurance For Sports Cars
At ThinkInsure, our insurance experts can help you get the best car insurance for sports cars. We’ll help you compare quotes and coverage quickly.
We’ll explore all available discounts, saving opportunities and make sure you have the coverage you need to drive with confidence.
Lower your sports car insurance cost today. Call 1-855-550-5515 to save.
Sports Car Insurance FAQs
Here are some common questions about sports car insurance quotes, rates, and coverage:
Sports car classification is determined individually by insurance companies. Speak with your insurer to see if your vehicle is considered a sports car.
Insurance rates vary based on the vehicle, driver, and many other factors. Compare quotes to get an accurate cost quote.
Yes. Most insurance companies consider a Dodge challenger a sports car.
Some insurers consider a Mini Cooper a sports car. Speak with your insurer to find out for sure.
Yes. Many insurance providers classify a Subaru WRX a sports car.
Yes. Most insurance companies consider a Toyota Scion a sports car.
Sports cars typically cost more to insure than sedans. However, some luxury sedans could have higher insurance costs. Compare quotes for an accurate assessment.
Sports cars are commonly more expensive than trucks for insurance. But, this depends on the type of sports car and truck model being compared. Get a quote to perform an accurate quote comparison.
Yes, compared to the average vehicle, sports cars will increase your insurance rates.
Car insurance for an 18 year old with a sports car will be a more expensive than the average insurance rates in your area. Compare quotes to get an accurate insurance cost.