About Car Insurance In Kitchener Waterloo
Kitchener is part of the Tri-City area, along with Waterloo and Cambridge. It is located along highway 401, making it an ideal location for commuters. Kitchener, originally called Berlin, has a radial roadway system because of its German roots.
You would think a city encircled by highways would reduce traffic congestion. But the area rivals the GTA in terms of delays. Add to this a variety of new construction projects and a surge in population. It can make driving a bit of headache. As a result, the city is known for being a traffic bottleneck, especially during peak hours.
Expect to spend some time in traffic. If you drive in Kitchener, you need good auto insurance to ensure you’re covered. Even though rates are cheaper than many other cities, it’s still important to shop the market for the best quotes.
At ThinkInsure, we’ll help you find the cheapest rates and save.
How Does Auto Insurance Work In Kitchener?
Insurance rules and requirements in Kitchener Waterloo are the same as other regions of the province :
- Auto insurance is mandatory.
- All drivers must have a minimum amount of auto insurance. This includes $200,000 in third party liability. You also get DCPD, accident benefits, and uninsured automobile coverage.
- You can get additional insurance such as collision, comprehensive, all perils, specified perils for better protection.
- Insurance can be purchased through a private insurance company.
- No-fault insurance applies.