High Risk Auto Insurance In Ontario - Compare The Cheapest Quotes
Save With Ontario's Best High Risk Car Insurance
Do you need high risk auto insurance? Have you just gone through the unfortunate experience of having your regular car insurance policy cancelled? Sometimes, bad luck with tickets, at-fault accidents, traffic convictions and payment issues can impact on your insurance record resulting in your insurance company labeling you as a ‘high risk driver’.
At ThinkInsure, we understand how difficult it can be to find affordable auto insurance when you’ve been labelled a high risk driver. Rather than turn you away, we’re here to help you in your time of need. Working with all the best high risk insurance companies in Ontario, we can help you compare car insurance rates and get the cheapest quotes for high risk auto insurance.
We Are Experts In High Risk Auto Insurance
At ThinkInsure, we understand how difficult it can be to find affordable auto insurance when you’ve been labelled a high risk driver. Rather than turn you away, we’re here to help you in your time of need. Working with all the best high risk insurance companies in Ontario, we can help you compare car insurance rates, and can a quote for high risk auto insurance.
- Compare Quotes From ALL Ontario High Risk Auto Insurance Companies : We offer the best high risk insurance options, cheapest quotes and coverage options.
- We'll Help Get You Affordable Coverage : We specialize in coverage for high risk drivers. We are partners with all the top high risk insurance companies in Ontario, ensuring that you will be able to find an insurance policy that will help you get back on the road.
- Improve Your Driving And Insurance History : Our insurance experts can help advise you on ways to get back into more affordable, regular car insurance, beginning with non-standard insurance.
- Shop & Compare On Renewal : At policy renewal time, our high risk auto insurance experts will shop & compare with the insurance companies we partner with to try and get you a better rate for non-standard auto insurance coverage. We can get you the best rates because we partner with all high risk insurance companies in Ontario.
- Expert Advice & Service : Our team of high risk car insurance brokers are highly trained insurance experts who can help advise you on all your insurance needs and will provide top level personal service when you need it.
- Our Customers Come First : We don’t turn you away when you need us the most. Whether you need high risk auto insurance in Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton or anywhere else in Ontario, we’re here to help you get high risk insurance quotes, answer your questions, assist with claims, and more!
Call us toll-free at 1-855-550-5515 and one of our experts will be happy to help you. You can also compare high risk auto insurance quotes online.
“ My prior insurance company cancelled my policy upon renewal because I got into a couple of accidents and had a payment issue. I couldn't get reasonable coverage anywhere. Then I called ThinkInsure and spoke with Todd. He was very understanding helped me get coverage with one of the high risk insurance partners they have. Now I'm back driving again! ”
Alex, High Risk Driver, Toronto Ontario
What Is High Risk Auto Insurance In Ontario?
Every company has different criteria for what makes a driver eligible for regular or standard auto insurance coverage. Some of the factors are related to driving history while others are non-driving related. They consider drivers high risk when they are identified as having a greater likelihood than other drivers of being in an at-fault accident. Simply put – insurers see you as a riskier driver and are either not willing to take on the risk or will insure you at a high car insurance rate.
Driving Factors That Can Make You A High Risk Driver
Speeding Tickets And Traffic Violations
How many speeding tickets or other driving convictions (not including parking tickets) did you have in the last 3 years? If you have accumulated more than a few, insurers may view you as a higher risk driver. In fact, speeding tickets are one of the most common reasons for drivers to need high risk auto insurance coverage. Whether you have minor or major traffic infractions or have even been criminally convicted, our brokers can work with you to get a quote for high risk auto insurance and explore your options. Learn more about the impact of tickets on car insurance.
Impaired driving is a serious offence, and it goes without saying that you should never get behind the wheel if you’ve been drinking or are under the influence of drugs.
Do you have an impaired driving conviction (driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs)? If so, many insurers may not be willing to provide you with insurance coverage, and you will need DUI insurance.
The truth is that it can be a challenge to get car insurance once you’ve been convicted of a DUI. Keep in mind that a conviction stays on your record for 3 years, meaning that you’ll need high risk auto insurance during this time. While many insurance companies won’t offer you coverage, our brokers wil work with you to get a high risk auto insurance quote and help you on your path to becoming a safe, responsible and insured driver, once again.
Do you have any previous at-fault accidents? You could be considered high risk. You could even have your insurance cancelled or your insurer could choose not to renew your policy. If you are in this situation, our brokers are here to help. We understand that accidents happen – and sometimes they happen more frequently than you would like. If you’ve had multiple claims because of at-fault accidents, contact us today to get a high risk car insurance quote.
Careless Driving Or Stunt Driving
Have issues because of a careless driving or stunt driving ticket? ThinkInsure can help you get high risk insurance quotes. Even though getting affordable insurance can be a challenge, we’ll explore your options and help you get the cheapest car insurance rates possible, considering your driving record. Remember, a conviction for careless driving stays on your record for 3 years – meaning you’ll likely need high risk car insurance during this time.
You Drive A High Risk Vehicle
The vehicle you drive could move you into the high risk insurance category. Owning an exotic car, expensive sports car, or even a vehicle that is on the most stolen list could require you to have high risk auto insurance coverage. Talk with our brokers about your options for classic car insurance.
Non-Driving Factors That Can Make You A High Risk Driver
Insurance Payment & Cancellation History
We understand that people fall on financial hardships – and most often it is out of our hands and without notice. These situations could make it difficult for you to pay your bills, including your insurance premium, on time.
Do you have credit history faults such as previous non-payment of premiums or was your car insurance cancelled for non payment? Standard companies don’t favor people who miss their payments or cancel policies frequently. Whether you’ve had a few late payments, missed payments or have your insurance company choose to not renew your policy because of payment issues, our experts will help you explore your insurance options, even if you require high risk auto insurance coverage.
You’ve Had A Lapse In Coverage
Insurance companies like drivers who have long histories of claim free driving. Having a lapse in coverage will cause most insurers to take a second look and potentially consider you high risk. Whether you’ve had a lapse in coverage because you didn’t have a vehicle for a period of time, you lost your license or were convicted of a driving offense, we can help you explore your high risk auto insurance options.
You’ve Never Had Insurance Before
Is this your first auto insurance policy? Companies may consider you a higher risk because you don’t have any prior insurance history. While this may not seem fair, if you are a new driver or you’ve never been insured before, you are deemed to be a higher risk by insurance companies. New drivers and teen drivers tend to have less experience, which makes them more prone to mistakes and claims.
We Can Get You Coverage From The Best High Risk Auto Insurance Companies In Ontario
Insurance coverage for high risk drivers is one of our areas of specialization. Working with ALL of the top high risk insurance companies in Ontario, we can help you get insurance coverage despite your previous auto insurance coverage issues.
We work with all the high risk car insurance companies in Ontario :
When it comes to non-standard car insurance, we are your best option to get the cheapest rates and the best quotes.
Compare High Risk Auto Insurance Quotes Online
- Compare quotes from ALL high risk auto insurance companies
- We help high risk drivers get coverage and save
- We can help you get back to regular car insurance
Savings Tip - Call UsCall us to speak with a high risk car insurance expert to save more!
Ontario High Risk Auto Insurance : Regions Where It’s Common
While you could be living anywhere in Ontario and be labelled a high risk driver, this type of insurance is more common in large cities such as Toronto, Ottawa, Mississauga and other areas in the great Toronto area. These are also the regions with the highest insurance rates in the province.
Why are these areas, especially the Greater Toronto Area, more prone to high risk car insurance coverage needs?
- There is more traffic and more cars on the road.
- There are more accidents.
- Highway driving is more common.
- Vehicle theft, damage, and vandalism is more likely in these areas.
- Poor winter driving conditions.
How To Get High Risk Car Insurance
If you discover that you’ve been designated a ‘high risk’ driver, one of your best strategies is to connect with an Ontario insurance broker. Some brokers have access to companies that specialize in the high risk auto insurance market. A good high risk insurance broker will work with you to get quotes from the high risk companies they work with. This will help you get the best price and coverage, given your current situation.
Getting high risk auto insurance is particularly frustrating and expensive. There are some things you can do to help to lower your insurance costs :
- Call A High Risk Insurance Broker : Speak with a broker and ask about things you can do to get back into ‘standard’ insurance. They are experts and work with many different types of companies so they can help you get back into more affordable standard insurance.
- Drive An Insurance Friendly Vehicle : Drive a car that is less expensive to insure. See this list of the cheapest cars to insure.
- Compare High Risk Auto Insurance Quotes : Compare high risk insurance quotes from the High Risk Insurance companies your broker works with to get you the most affordable rates.
How Much Does High Risk Car Insurance Cost?
This is a question that we get frequently from drivers who may be faced with getting high risk insurance. It’s not something that you tend to think about until you have car insurance issues.
Getting affordable insurance for high risk drivers is similar to getting standard auto insurance coverage. How much high risk insurance costs will depend on your specific situation – particularly, your reason for being considered a high risk driver. Other, more traditional factors will also be considered – like the car you drive, where you live, driving experience, etc.
This is why it’s extremely important to compare high risk car insurance quotes and work with a broker that can provide you with the most options, like us! This is the key to getting affordable high risk car insurance rates.
We Are A High Risk Insurance Broker That Helps High Risk Drivers Get Insured
Every Ontario driver needs auto insurance but sometimes getting coverage may be difficult or very expensive if companies consider you a high risk driver. Many ‘standard’ market companies have criteria for the types of drivers they will insure. If you fall outside of the standard driver criteria, they may consider you a high risk driver and you will need to find a company that specializes in high risk insurance.
Being classified or labelled as a high risk driver can be very stressful and expensive when you need to get coverage. There is hope, though. There are companies and brokers who specialize in high risk car insurance and can help you get immediate coverage and get back into standard, more affordable insurance in the future. ThinkInsure is one of them.
We can help you get cheap high risk auto insurance, allowing you to get back behind the wheel.
How To Speed Up The Transition Out Of High Risk Auto Insurance?
High risk car insurance is much more expensive than regular car insurance. So it is important to focus some good driving and insurance habits so you can move back into much more affordable regular insurance. Here some ways to speed up the process :
- Focus On Good Driving Habits : This includes keeping within the speed limit, driving defensively, and obeying traffic rules. If you’re ticket-free, your insurance premiums costs will be reduced. Getting another ticket while still labelled as a high risk driver could seriously hurt your ability to get insurance in the future.
- Stay Claims Free : Always be careful and pay attention when you drive. Try to stay accident free and not to make any insurance claims.
- Put That Mobile Device Away : Distracted driving is now the leading cause of accidents ahead of drunk driving. Pay attention to the road and your surroundings when behind the wheel.
- Don't Drink Or Do Drugs While Driving : A conviction can double your insurance rates, and it could cause you to have your insurance policy cancelled.
- Be Consistent With Your Insurance : Make your payments on time and keep your insurance policy up-to-date.
Call us toll-free 1-855-550-5515 and and a ThinkInsure broker can help answer any questions you have about high risk car insurance or give you a quote.
Stats On High Risk Insurance And Driving Behaviors
Drivers classified as ‘high risk’ are drivers who are more likely to be in an at-fault accident. Here are some sobering stats about high risk driving behaviors and their consequences :
- High Risk Premiums Can Double : Your insurance can more than double if you are classified as a high risk driver.
- Cell Phones And Distracted Driving Leads To 4 Times More Accidents : Drivers using their cell phone are four times more likely to be in a collision (source MTO website).
- Keep Your Eyes On The Road : You double your crash risk when you take your eyes off the road for more than two seconds (source MTO website).
- Drunk And Driving Kills : 33% of drinking related accidents resulted in fatalities in 2010 with 744 deaths.
- Strong Fines For Convicted Impaired Driving Offenses : A first time conviction will cost you $1000 minimum and your drivers license can be suspended for up to a year. When you get your license back you will need to use an ingition interlock for 1 year. Learn more about insurance for DUI.
Get A Quote For High Risk Auto Insurance!
Few insurance providers can say they offer insurance quotes from all high risk insurance providers in Ontario. At ThinkInsure, we can! Let us help you get the cheapest insurance quotes if you’ve been labelled a high risk driver. We’ll work with you to compare quotes from all Ontario high risk auto insurance companies.
We can help you with high risk car insurance. Compare online quotes or call 1-855-550-5515 and a high risk car insurance expert will be happy to help you.
Other High Risk Insurance Solutions And Information
High Risk Insurance Brokers
High Risk Home Insurance
High Risk Commercial Insurance
How Do Tickets Affect Insurance Rates In Ontario?
Distracted Driving in Ontario : Laws, Fines, Statistics and Tips
Missed Insurance Payments Could Get Your Policy Cancelled For Non Payment
At Fault Accidents And Insurance In Ontario - What You Need To Know
Drug Impaired Driving – Marijuana And Driving
Other Car Insurance Solutions
Most Popular Car Insurance Articles
We have lots of helpful car insurance news and tips articles for Ontario drivers. Here are a few of the most popular articles :
What Are The Cheapest Cars To Insure?
Lease Or Buy A New Car Guide – Is Leasing Or Financing Better?
G1, G2, G - Ontario’s Graduated Driver's Licensing System Guide
Top 10 Tips To Save On Car Insurance
How Are Ontario Car Insurance Rates Determined?